3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 09:07 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers

Does anyone have experience with the JMR or RC 1.5" wheel spacers (or any spacers in general)? I have 17" Durango rims which have less back spacing than factory Dakota rims and I rub pretty bad on the frame and a few of the suspension components. I'm about to go from a 255 to a 275 (same diameter though) and figured that getting spacers would be a good idea. Trimming the fenders and plastic is easy but the frame not so much. Plus it would look better.

Old 05-21-2014, 10:32 PM
06Dak4.7Silver
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do 17" Ram wheels..it is easier and they probably are a better-looking design

Old 05-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Tom A
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There's a very recent thread about them in the second gen forum.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:50 AM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Originally Posted by 06Dak4.7Silver
I would do 17" Ram wheels..it is easier and they probably are a better-looking design
I think we're one different pages. The Durango rims came on my Dakota when I bought it. I don't really have the money for a whole new set of rims and don't really want a whole new set. Plus with the leveling kit and just the way the Dakota was styled the front trac width looks a whole lot smaller than the rear.

I haven't found the 2g thread yet.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Spacers will hasten the demise of the front end parts......Rear is ok, but on the front, you're asking for trouble.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:21 AM
i.who.made.you
Professional

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Spacers will hasten the demise of the front end parts......Rear is ok, but on the front, you're asking for trouble.
My bad I meant to say the Durango increased the back spacing. With this a 1.5" spacer would actually bring the wheel center closer to balanced on the hub than the current setup.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:20 PM
donkeypunch
King Jackass
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would not hesitate to throw on the JMR adaptors...if that is your only option. He wheels with them. Like Jkeaton said, be prepared for possible failures (wheel bearings, studs, tie rod ends, etc)

Old 05-29-2014, 10:50 PM
i.who.made.you
Professional

I emailed JMR customer support to ask about their return policy and warranty on their wheel spacers. They replied with this.

"We do not warranty the wheel spacers at this time. You are actually best to use our website as a guide to the bolt pattern and lug size and buy them from ebay."

Gotta appreciate the honesty. I'm going to buy the RC ones since I have a serious distrust of anything eBay related and the RC ones come with a warranty.

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers