3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

well.... need some opinions and options

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Lovinmydodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

right now financially its just not there...

Old 08-10-2014, 12:26 AM
EVguy
Veteran
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bchapin05
Assuming you have an automatic since nobody makes a bodylift for a manual? Which is really annoying as I want to do one bad. Your mileage is terrible I get like 19 mixed city/highway with more city.
I'm puzzled by this. What is the differance between an automatic and a standard when it comes to a lift kit?
Maybe a shifter extension? Easy to make with parts from the hardware store.
I have a 3" in my truck which was an automatic and is now a standard. I had no problems installing it and cant imagine any differences?

Old 08-13-2014, 04:44 PM
bchapin05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EVguy
I'm puzzled by this. What is the differance between an automatic and a standard when it comes to a lift kit?
Maybe a shifter extension? Easy to make with parts from the hardware store.
I have a 3" in my truck which was an automatic and is now a standard. I had no problems installing it and cant imagine any differences?
Yes its the extension. I was tempted to buy one and try to do it but I'm amazed after tons of searching I can't find one Dakota user who has done it. It would be nice to have an example instead of just going for it. Would think something like this would work:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...0XwaAlBF8P8HAQ

Does the extension on a bodylift normally just extend the shifter from the floor up or is it under the truck to the tranny?

Last edited by bchapin05; 08-13-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Quick Reply: well.... need some opinions and options