3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Custom suspension (mid/long travel) happening.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 11:03 PM
rookie
Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by projektdirtfab
Pics?
dx9pXyU.jpg
C0Qu2Xs.jpg

Old 03-01-2016, 05:38 PM
projektdirtfab
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by rookie

Ouch. Are you letting your joints max out during bump or droop? You should be using limit straps to prevent that. Or you have bind somewhere. It usually takes alot to snap those.

Thats why i prefer uniballs with misalignment spacers. Much beefier and rebuildable.

Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 AM
rookie
Captain

Originally Posted by projektdirtfab
Ouch. Are you letting your joints max out during bump or droop? You should be using limit straps to prevent that. Or you have bind somewhere. It usually takes alot to snap those.

Thats why i prefer uniballs with misalignment spacers. Much beefier and rebuildable.

The upper will bind under extreme droop, but should handle that, no problem. Hardened stainless. This is a lower ball, which sees no bind ever. Can't understand how it could break; under compression load nonetheless.

Miss alignment spacers neck down to a smaller bolt. That didn't work for me. They also drag contaminants into the joint at the seem where the spacer meets the ball. I also wanted a greasable joint for wet coast application. These are rebuildable too, and so far the warranty has kept me in business for nothing. I ordered 1 spare from the get go. Have not had any down time. Daily driven. If I were in your situation, uniballs (mounted horizontally) would be my choice too.

Quick Reply: Custom suspension (mid/long travel) happening.