3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Scanner Live Data Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 07:34 AM
Soco3087
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scanner Live Data Help

Hey guys I need some information. I have an 08 Dakota with a 4.7l V8 and I am using a scanner to read my live data so I can look for anything that may be out of wack. The truck just seem to run odd. Gas mileage is not what it used I be so I want to make sure all the values are where they should be. Problem is I can't find out anywhere what the normal range should be for all the data displayed in the live data list. I have checked the factory service manual and the Hanes manual with no luck so I defer to your guys experience. If anyone has this information can you please help me out or if you have a tuck with a similar year and engine that is running good and can post pic of your trucks live data it will help me to compare and see where I may have a problem. Thanks for the help.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:39 AM
dodgeman1977
Professional

I can't help with the live data, but I can say what I did that helped mine. I have a 2005 with the 4.7, and I was also losing mpg as well as some low idle issues at stop lights. I changed my spark plugs and cleaned the throttle body as well as replaced the TPS and IAC valve. Mpg has come back up and the truck runs smoother now.
What symptoms do you have that its not running right?

Last edited by dodgeman1977; 12-17-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:31 PM
Soco3087
Rookie

The biggest problem I have at the moment is gas mileage. According to the truck display I am getting 9.8 mpg which is horrible even for a V8. I have done all the basic and routine maintenance including the plugs and I even replaced the throttle body and I don't see any difference, infact I feel it may have gotten worse. I relearned the throttle after replacement so it's rules that out too. I continue to feel a hesiatation when downshifting form 3rd to 2nd but I don't think that could be the problem. The only other noticeable thing is right when you turn the truck off your hear almost like a sputter comming from the exhaust. I wonder if that is associated with the horrible gas mileage. No CEL have been set so thats why I figured looking at the live data might help to find something which is not normal.