3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Gumout Fuel additives

Old 08-17-2017, 10:15 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 333 Likes on 297 Posts
Default Gumout Fuel additives

I will start by saying I was always one of “those” guys who did not believe in “snake oil” fuel or oil additives. Well, all that has changed thanks to Gumout. I was invited to attend a demonstration of one of their products (One-N-Done) at the Transportation Research Center in Ohio. (a perk of being a mod?)

Here's what I was able to observe while on the tour. They had a late model Hyundai with about 100,000 miles on it in the shop when we got there. They had the engine torn down to the pistons. Head and fuel injectors off. They performed injector flow tests and carbon build up measurements on the pistons and exhaust valves per ASTM guidelines. After these baseline measurements were made, the engine was reassembled, filled with gas and a bottle of One-N-Done was added to the tank. The vehicle was then driven around the test track overnight simulating normal driving cycles for the entire tank of gas (while Gumout took us all out for a night on the town)

The next day, the vehicle was brought back in and the same process of disassembly and measurements was repeated. The results were immediately visible when the head was removed. You could visually see where the carbon had started to be cleaned off the top of the pistons. All the tests were repeated again and the results are unbelievable. The stuff actually worked in removing carbon build up. This was only after one tank of gas. The Polyetheramine, or P.E.A. in the One-N-Done keeps working even after one tank (10,000 miles between treatments), so I know it will keep working.

Read the full story here along with a chance to win some free Gumout goodies:

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ml#post3354227

Old 09-11-2018, 06:15 AM
XSubaruJeepDude
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you weren't a Admin,, i would almost suspect this to be one of those spam post adds
. I think i would be interested in the product if i knew for sure it could take any existing sludge buildup out of the lash adjusters without harming the valve seals. but since it's running through the fuel ,, i doubt it would be much help inside the camshaft area.

Last edited by XSubaruJeepDude; 09-11-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:51 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,164 Likes on 2,918 Posts

Originally Posted by XSubaruJeepDude
If you weren't a Admin,, i would almost suspect this to be one of those spam post adds
. I think i would be interested in the product if i knew for sure it could take any existing sludge buildup out of the lash adjusters without harming the valve seals. but since it's running through the fuel ,, i doubt it would be much help inside the camshaft area.
He has a side gig as a Guinea Pig. Testing products on his truck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gumout Fuel additives