3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Dakota Dragging front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 09:42 PM
bobinyelm
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by northgator8
There will be a sensor on the left front even if there is only rear ABS. If they don't know how fast the front wheels are turning, the computer can't figure out how fast the rear wheels should be turning.
That's true, but the absolute speed would irrelevant if they compared the differential rotational speeds of the rear wheels, though I guess with rear-only ABS they have only one sensor at the center?

But of course, on slippery roads, quite often the rear wheels lock up due to braking forces on slippery surfaces and forward weight transfer (though trucks used to have brake proportional valves that reduced rear braking when the rear end rose on braking) , so the front speed would be far more effective.

I could probably access Live Data on the scanner easier than pulling a wheel to read the wheel speeds for those equipped w/ sensors.

I do know I didn't see the usual ABS unit with multiple brake lines and an electric motor under the hood.

Thanks for the hint!

Bob

Quick Reply: Dakota Dragging front brakes