3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

More Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 04:50 AM
agentbook
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Problems

In regards to my last thread: https://dodgeforum.com/m_420969/tm.htm

Now when I got the truck back after fixing the injector I stopped and put some gas in it. As I am leaving the gas station, the check engine light comes on...again.

So back to the dealer I go. Called to find out that this time its the valves leaking. Seems to think they will have to replace the head on the side of cylinders 4,5,6.

This is absurd. This truck has just over 15K miles on it. So far I have had:

The rear axles replaced (2) (As in twice)
The rear drums replaced (2) (As in twice)
Front Brakes turned (1)
Fuel Injector replaced (1)
Cylinder Head replaced (1)

I should add that the one window seal on the bottom of the passenger rear door is loose, and always has been.

All this in 15K miles? You have got to be kidding me. The dealer has been good about fixing it thankfully but this such poor quality its not funny. I had thought after things I had read that Dodge had gotten their act together. Apparently not.

I am so fed up. I like the truck. It rides greats and is easy to drive. The mileage is not as advertised but I live with it. I have never owned a car with this many problems with so few miles on it. I am at the point right now that I am about to trade it in on a Magnum or something. I dont know.

I just need to vent.

2005 Quad Cab 3.7L V6 2WD

Any opinions welcomed.

I should add that 90% are highway miles with the cruise set at 70. Truck gets Synthetic oil (Penzoil Platinum) Every 3000 miles.

Adam

Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 PM
MonkeyWrench4000
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: More Problems

Wait....

You have had so many problems with this Dodge, that your considering trading it in on yet another Dodge? LoL. I mean if thats not Dodge loyalty then what is?

The 06' has been a real good truck for me so far. Sorry to hear your having such a tough time. Maybe the dealer would be willing to work with you in buying back your truck, if its financed, perhaps they will eat the payoff if you agree to purchase a new truck.

Sounds like a slim chance I know, but I actually got GMC to buy back a sonoma from me that has only 20k miles on it when i bought it, and 2 weeks later my plugs are soaked in oil. At 20k miles I got a leak past the valve guides?? Cmon! They bought back the truck for my payoff and i was able to start clean.

Just maybe somthing you could consider.

Old 03-28-2006, 03:23 PM
agentbook

Thats what I am actually going to try today. The service people still havent figured out whats wrong with it and honestly I dont think they can lol.

Today should be fun. Ill post up what happens.

Old 03-28-2006, 04:52 PM
2coff
Record Breaker

Sounds like your truck was built on a friday. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Old 03-28-2006, 06:11 PM
agentbook

Talked to the service advisor, they are replacing the one cylinder head today. Should have it back tonight or tomorrow morning. This will be the last straw though. Anything else goes wrong, and its buy back time. Ill just be happy to have my truck back again.

I had a loaner for a day a Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4.7 4X4. It got a whopping 11 MPG. Thats using the cruise control. I thought my Dakota was bad at 17-18 MPG

Old 03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Trest
Rookie

Check your state lemon laws. Most states seperate conditions dont give a buyback.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:52 AM
TONY R. WESTON

BUMMER...... IS THERE ANOTHER DEALER IN YOUR AREA TO GET A SECOND OPINION ON AS TO WHAT'S GOING ON? SOMETIMES THEY GUESS ON PROBLEMS TILL THEY STUMBLE ON THE RIGHT PATH...MEANWHILE AT YOU'RE STRESS AND EXPENSE.

Old 07-29-2006, 09:08 AM
graythang
Record Breaker

See a lawyer! That is acerb. They need to order you a fresh rig just based on your personal time spent on this mess alone.

Quick Reply: More Problems