3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Taking off side molding.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 07:27 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Taking off side molding.

ORIGINAL: Blu_Dak

IM the Guy who parks a contry mile away from everybody eles

snobrdrdan you have what I want, I'll just have them color match & paint it,it'll be less than dealer cost.
I do the same thing. The truck is so damn big (pretty long) anyways that it won't fit in the "good" parking spots.....so you get stuck parking far away regardless.

The ones on my truck are textured (like the mirrors/door handles) and would probably come out crappy if they weren't sanded down (which would take a good amount of time) to make them smooth.
I mean it'd look okay painted, but ideally they'd look better smooth & painted (like Frenchy's are).

So.....if you really wanted them....just get the black ones & don't bother painting them. Like I said, I don't mind because they match the non-painted mirrors & door handles.
Just don't get wax on them when you're waxing your truck, or they'll look like crap (white marks).

Your truck is so dark (patriot blue) that they'd be hardly noticeable.....as opposed to on my red truck, they stick out pretty good but I like them.

Old 05-21-2006, 06:32 PM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Hey guys, you know they make light up side moldings now. Now that whould look shweeet! [&:][&:][8D]

NOT!

Old 05-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Sgt. Macks Ram

I took mine off my o2 ram, it was no problem. The hardest part is all that dang adhesive under the molding but if you have any adhesive remover and a rag, just keep rubbing and peeling. If you are worried about scratches you can always run a light coat of turtle wax on after you get it all off and wash it down. At least thats how I did it.

Quick Reply: Taking off side molding.