3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Front shocks

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:59 PM
luvmydak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front shocks

As fellow members may recall, I started a thread awhile back to get members to get on Superchips and Hypertech for programmers for our trucks. Whether that got anything going remains to be seen. Anyhow, I am asking all to get after Monroe to make front shocks for our trucks, being rears are already out there. I see more and more posts from members on the bounce issue. Go to www.monroe.com and their e-mail contact. And keep after them. Put a post-it on your monitor as a reminder. Keep going after Hypertech and Superchips too.

Old 11-07-2006, 05:58 PM
rick4dak
Veteran
Default RE: Front shocks

When I was at the SEMA show last week, I spoke with a tech guy from QA1. Since the Dak uses coil-overs in front, I thought they might be able to build something. He said to email the dimensions to him and he'll see what they can do. From looking at my truck and their products, they might have something ion the shelf that will work.
Look at www.qa1.net.
Another site worth looking at is www.afcoracing.com. They build coil-overs for racing and performance vehicles.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait wait wait....they made back shocks for our truck (aftermarket) and not front? relly?

Old 11-07-2006, 11:50 PM
luvmydak
Veteran

Well,the story I got from Monroe tech is that tooling is still being worked up for the fronts and when that's done production will start. Looking at sometime 1st quarter of '07 for availability.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:30 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

O_O front shocks for the dakota!? *FAINTS* I thought i'd never hear about somone putting some into production...i'm pretty frikin sick of not being able to find a stinkin lift for the truck (suspension wise). I want better shocks in the front and I'm thinking about getting the TRX shocks for the rear...or something like Monroe for the rear...I'm going to keep up with this post....

Old 11-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Lipreader

Me too Jimbo!! I'm really not happy that almost all the manufacturers have just completely dropped the 3rd gen Dak from most after market upgrades. Man, it's usually not even 2-3 months after a new design comes out that the market is flooded with aftermarket items. I'm sick of looking up things and it always stops at an '04 Dak. We need to keep this alive so the few of us that want this can find out when it's available. Also Jimbo, I ask in a earlier reply if you would share some info on your front headlights?? If you don't want to I'm a bit slow when it comes to subtle hints, sometimes you have to yell them!

Old 11-09-2006, 09:03 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

ooooooooooo i'm sorry maybe i missed that post :-/...uhm my front headlights....well my specs on them since I don't know what the quesiton was. OK, everything i've done to my headlights. I bought 8500K lights on ebay (NOT RECOMMENDED) from some 3rd party...but yeah They arne't the brightest bulbs out there. Also, what I did was buy the AVS Projectorz headlight trim things (black rings around the headlights). Also, I bought this neato blue/smoke film that goes over the fixture (stick on) that gives it the blueish tint to the housing. The tint and AVS projectorz trim have been taken off since this past weekend, why? The film hindered the brightness of my already not so bright lights, and while on the freeway one of my projectorz fell off :P. My recommendations if you want great headlights, get HIDs, 8000K; you get the brightness AND the neat color tint that you want. I am looking to get HIDs very son to upgrade from my crappy headlights. If you don't want to spend $300+ on HIDs, get the Silverstars H13. Also, if you want the tint for your headlights fixtures, let me know, the shop that makes the layouts is about a 20min drive from me so I can head on over there and just have them make the layout from my truck! Sorry I didn't get back to your earlier post :-/ if you ever have a question might be best to PM me cause i get notifications in my e-mail of those.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Lipreader

I'll PM you from now on since that really is the proper way to correspond instead of me always piggy-backing someone's question. You're right, I should have included the original question, duh I was interested in the black part since all "extras" on my truck will be black (not a big chrome fan). I'll PM the rest. I've got a lot of questions for you and we seem to be going in a similar direction with mods to our trucks. I've got class in a bit so I will PM tonight when I get back or in the morning. Thanks!

Old 11-13-2006, 12:49 PM
dakoduh
Rookie

Ok back to the subject. I just can't get over the fact no one makes a shock for this truck, it's been out for a year now. Especially considering how badly these trucks need better shocks. Whether its monroe bilstien gabriel rancho edelbrock procomp or anything else it's gotta be an improvement. Someone made reference to a yugo in another thread, I think dakota shocks are the same as a yugo's[:'(]

Old 11-16-2006, 09:16 PM
jimboscomp
All Star

I GOT IT!
OK, so we all pack our bags and head to Texas, they have a lot of trucks there so a lot of shops, and we alllll pitch in and design our own shocks! problem solved! I got some pieces of wood and a jigsaw, think we can make some shocks with those? :P :P

Seriously that's what it seems like, we'll have to make our own shocks...I don't get it, we all keep telling these companies, GET SHOCKS but noooooo, no one wnats to listen to us...ticks me off

Quick Reply: Front shocks