3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

Exhaust piping kits..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 05:27 PM
lownslowneon
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust piping kits..

Anyone know if someone sales a exhaust piping kit. My buddy has a flowmaster muffler with piping welded to it to replace the resonator section of the exhaust... Now I just need some piping from the muffler to the tailpipes....

Just curious if there are kits out there or if I should just piece together stuff....

It's for my 05 4.7 Dakota quad cab .

Old 11-12-2006, 06:53 PM
QCDAKblue
Veteran
Default RE: Exhaust piping kits..

Just buy an entire system, so much cleaner under the truck. I have the gibson...

Old 11-12-2006, 08:24 PM
lownslowneon
Professional

What I have is basically the flow master dual exhaust kit without the tail piping...

So all I need is the tail piping. I got it for free.. and would like to put it to use.. weather it be getting a Y pipe and running the tips to my stock location... or running duals... id rather actually do singles.. but im open to whatever/.

Old 11-12-2006, 11:03 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran

Some people just "dump" the exhaust just rear of the muffler---don't even need to bother with tail pipes put of the muffler out the rear....

Old 11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
ETXDak
Veteran

You might email magnum exhaust seems like a small outfit,,,,,,http://stores.ebay.com/Magnum-Exhaus...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Old 11-14-2006, 11:01 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when will you people learn to save 300 dollars and customize. if you get the right size, do a little research...and go to your local mufflershop for pipe bending/cutting. you have a system wherever you want it...i dont see anyone else with a sideexhaust like mine... gibson has a kit but i dont like the look/sound/price.

Old 11-15-2006, 02:47 AM
lownslowneon
Professional

Exactly, I was looking for a piping kit or something ...

Local shop wants $500 or so to do a catback.. my buddy replaced his whole catback with a new one.. gave me his old flow master cat back (well minus the tips out the rear)... but we'll see...

Old 11-15-2006, 08:27 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no dont get a kit i just explained that..
get the pipe size and order some pipe yourself. then have the shop bend and cut it to what you want. it helps if you know someone with a welder that can put it on though

Old 11-15-2006, 06:08 PM
RonnusTwo
Professional

I went to my local Meineke. I paid $250, and for that they:

1) removed system from y-pipe(cat) back
2) installed new alumized 2.5"piping into a:
3) new Flowmaster 40 muffler, single in, single out, into
4) tailpipe bent to match factory exit

I absolutely LOVE the roar it puts out. In fact, the other day I was cruising around 25 mph, and floored it to get past somebody - the truck SCREAMED like I never heard it do before, and it sent chills up my spine as I blew past the guy.
My only very small dislike about my $250 system is one that I assume I would not find in a more expensive, mandrel bent system:
The piping done by the muffler shop is crush bent, not mandrel bent, and I believedue to the unproportionate diameters and sharper than needed turns in the pipes, it creates a distorted "spewing" sound at very high RPMs. Other than that, I love it.
And oh yeah, my K&N FiPK added some mean noise too thru the muffler

Old 11-23-2006, 03:31 AM
dakoduh
Rookie

The system on these trucks really doesnt look that complicated. A guy could do like me & my buddy(professional welder) did my rockcrawlin truck. I bought some aluminized exhaust tubing from summit, also a mandrel bent u-piece. Cut the u-piece to match the 2 curves, had the muffler shop flare the straight pieces so everything slipped together. Tacked things together as we went back, then took what we could down & he welded it up real nice. Did it all in my garage, total price less than 100 bucks for tubing, aluminized summit muffler & brackets. Neighbor kid put a magnaflow on his new mustang though & it sounds really good, so I'm considering doing the whole exhaust system thing with a magnaflow? on my bran new truck[] We'll see, I'll have to lay under there & look it over good, probably wouldn't be a huge deal though

Quick Reply: Exhaust piping kits..