3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Night_Runner
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering wheel

do any of you guys have a steering wheel cover that you like? ive kinda wanted an allblack one to go with all the black accents in the truck, but i couldnt find one that didnt look or feel cheap or that was all black. finally i was in walmart tonight with my buddy, and i saw a leather black one that says DODGE MOTORSPORTS with dodge on top in red, motorsports in white below dodge, and the ram head logo in red to the left, and a white/black checkard flag to the left of that. sounds gay, it looked alright, kinda cheap lookin, but it was only $8 and some change. put it on, and it felt real nice and actually looks pretty darn good if i do say so myself. ill get a little pic up in a while. buddy said i should feel like im carrying my ***** in a purse, but i like it.

Old 01-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: steering wheel

I know which one you are talking about. I wanna see pics. Been thinking about picking up a cover lately.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

pics are from old crappy camera. looks better in person imo. also took a pic of the bedrug. i put 2 led lights in the front actually on the strap hooks with double sided tape which is not visable and lights look like their built into the hooks, ordered more of the same led lights to put facing forward on the rear strap hooks, lights up A LOT more than seems in pics. got i need to detail my truck inside/out. also, i really like my floor mats, got them for driver side, pass, and rear pass both sides and middle, got them right after the first night we got snow this year, thank god, weathers been so bad, my carpet mats would have been shot already. worked great, got all mud from hunting, all water from warming snow ect. never spilled and easy to clean. they fit real nice too. not to mention go with color theme.

if i were you, id buy the steering wheel cover, it actually is so much more comfortable and easy on your hands, sounds gay, but youll realize it once you put it on. i figured chances of me likin it was 50/50 so i was ready to take it backif i didnt like it. kinda hard to get on, after i struggled for a min or two in sub 30 degrees i saw "heat up for easy install" well gee, too late for that. enjoy pics

Old 01-30-2007, 04:53 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i dont care for the wheel cover that much, but the lights in the bed are nice.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ORIGINAL: superdak05

i dont care for the wheel cover that much, but the lights in the bed are nice.

i can understand the wheel cover, i wish it was all black, but ill tell you what, its a lot more comfortable believe it or not. as for the lights, ill post up some real pics once i get my other 2 led lights to finish off the bed. should get them by friday, which means ill prob post monday. as for the overhead console, i wasnt able to get anything established, ended up workin more than expected this weekend

Old 01-30-2007, 05:12 PM
texanrcp
Professional

Not much into steering wheel covers but that one does not look to bad[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 02-01-2007, 05:16 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

I just wish I had the optional "leather" steering wheel in my truck....I hate the cheap feel of the foam/plastic or whatever it is

Old 02-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Night_Runner
Champion

ya im still lovin it actually, the more i use it, the more i like it. today with all the snow, it was freezing out side, went to go to walmart and my steering wheel wasnt a block of ice for 20 mins, it felt good to the hand soon after the truck warmed up

Old 02-01-2007, 05:42 AM
snobrdrdan
Captain

Hmm....it actually looks pretty comfortable actually....lol

Quick Reply: steering wheel