3rd Gen Dakota 2005 - 2011 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 3rd Gen Dakota.

throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 04:32 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: throttle body

my dyno run if it is still on for sat. is 100.00 for 3 pulls. and you get to test and tune with there software.
j & m motorsports in manchester, ct.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Dusty
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm more used to Superdak's prices, about $100-125 for 3 pulls where I've looked before.

But, I'm also in MI, so I might have to take a trip down to Grand Rapids one day. Not for the truck, but for the race car.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:08 PM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Dusty

ORIGINAL: DakotaStone

ORIGINAL: Dusty
Perfect a/f ratios are good.
Did they happen to look at a stock one? I'd be really impressed if JET actually stepped away from their old ways and we actually made a few hp from their chips. Did you happen to do a before/after run on the dyno with that chip?
No I didn't. I had installed it long before I did the dyno. I only had thirty dollars for the dyno, since they were doing their $30 = 3 shots on the dyno. I was happy.

That's the best deal I've ever seen for dyno pulls, where was this at??
That's over here in Portland and the shop is called P.R.E. I discovered it one day cuz I was wondering if the did AWD, and sure enough, they had their Saturday special going on. There were mostly a bunch of ricers there, but a few of them were pretty cool.

There's another shop in Vancouver, WA, that does that too, but they only have the two wheel drive rack. They do their's once a month. A lot of Fords there though. That shop is called Fast Specialties. This guy works on some awesome cars too. His website is www.fastspecialties.com.

He usually makes a party out of it.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:02 PM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone got the 69 mm cuz it sounds cool? do you mean it makes the engine sound more awesome or you like the number 69 cuz youra perv? just curious~

Old 02-17-2007, 08:35 PM
bkjtimp
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it was said about the 69 cuz of the perv thang...Fastman reccs 68.5mm on the 4.7L. Superdak05 got the 70mm though.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:30 AM
DakotaStone
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: trucky

someone got the 69 mm cuz it sounds cool? do you mean it makes the engine sound more awesome or you like the number 69 cuz youra perv? just curious~
I'll enlighten you...

It won't make your truck sound better, and I am a perv, but the 69mm is a 1/2mm larger than a 68.5mm TB. Why not go up one more size? That's the reason I said what I said. I haven't bouth my TB yet, but I will be next week. I'm just playing with numbers.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:30 AM
trucky
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hah thats cool...i may consider that once my truck arrives in CALI where i am stationed

Quick Reply: throttle body