3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

How long did it take you to get your Durango after you ordered it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 PM
hooty1919
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics. Did you put the red R/T on the front grill or is that something they added? One week after going D1 and they haven't started mine yet.

Old 05-27-2011, 02:38 PM
hooty1919

Just got an update on mine. I called Dodge and they told me that mine was in paint. Finally!

Old 05-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hooty1919
Just got an update on mine. I called Dodge and they told me that mine was in paint. Finally!

mine is built pending inspection
http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/..._SEARCH_BY=VIN

Old 05-27-2011, 11:15 PM
aircrewcdh

Nice pics. Did you put the red R/T on the front grill or is that something they added? One week after going D1 and they haven't started mine yet.

Yep, I added them myself.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:14 PM
hooty1919

Checked insight this morning, my R/T is built and was shipped to the holding yard in Toledo, Ohio. It was finished at 1:20AM and released at 1:50AM. Showed up in Toledo at 9:49AM. Estimated arrival at my dealer was moved up to 6/1. Keeping my fingers crossed but I would be surprised if it showed up on the first.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

Checked insight this morning, my R/T is built and was shipped to the holding yard in Toledo, Ohio. It was finished at 1:20AM and released at 1:50AM. Showed up in Toledo at 9:49AM. Estimated arrival at my dealer was moved up to 6/1. Keeping my fingers crossed but I would be surprised if it showed up on the first.

post up your insight link
I am not showing it was shipped to the Toledo yard yet for mine
http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/..._SEARCH_BY=VIN
But its saying I should see it on the 1st in Iowa as well.
I forgot
I need to send you a price on the lockpick too

Old 05-28-2011, 10:13 PM
hooty1919

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/...H_BY=VIN&dummy
It looks like it might get here by the first. It just got loaded on the truck! I heard so many shipping nightmares that I wasn't getting my hopes up but it's moving along pretty quick.
Just email me a price when you get a chance. Thanks

Old 05-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Double D Mods
Former Vendor

http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/...H_BY=VIN&dummy
It looks like it might get here by the first. It just got loaded on the truck! I heard so many shipping nightmares that I wasn't getting my hopes up but it's moving along pretty quick.
Just email me a price when you get a chance. Thanks
Thats strange yours and mine were in bay at facility at same time
your insight says its loaded and departed.
Mine still shows its in the bay

Who knows maybe when i see an updated insight our trucks are in the same shipment.
Kinda funny to know yours and mine were made at exactly same time and were setting next to each other
lets hope they arrive safe!

Old 05-28-2011, 11:07 PM
hooty1919

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
Thats strange yours and mine were in bay at facility at same time
your insight says its loaded and departed.
Mine still shows its in the bay

Who knows maybe when i see an updated insight our trucks are in the same shipment.
Kinda funny to know yours and mine were made at exactly same time and were setting next to each other
lets hope they arrive safe!
That is strange, they should have been on the same load to Toledo. Of course from there they would go their seperate ways. I would guess it's just not showing up on your insight for some reason.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 PM
hooty1919

I just went through as many emotions as humanly possible in 2 minutes. I drove over to my dealership to see if my Durango arrived yet. As I was pulling in I saw it sitting in the parking lot.
So my anxiousness turned to excitment which quickly turned to disappointment. When I pulled up I saw a mark across the hood. I jumped out and looked to find a nice big scuff and scratch.
It looked like it could be buffed out so I calmed down pretty quick. I walked around the driver side and found more scratches going down the rear door! My wife walked around the other side and when she got to the back she told me she found a dent.
I expected a little ding, what I found was a dent the size of a softball right above the tail light. The tail light was also cracked and had a hole in it!
Now I was steaming! It actually made me sick in my stomach. I waited all this time to get this thing and my 5 year old H3 has less scratches on it and I drove it in the woods a bunch of times!
Granted, the hood can be fixed, hopefully the scratches on the side can be buffed out, and the rear hatch and tail light can be replaced. But, to have to deal with this on a vehicle I've been waiting for is very disappointing.
I own an RV business and deliver a good many of them to permanent sites and NOT ONCE have I damaged one or hit anything! I take the time to do it right and take pride in my work. I just can't believe that someone would be this careless with a brand new vehicle!
I'm going to go in first thing in the morning and see what all can be done. Hopefully it can all be fixed quickly.

Quick Reply: How long did it take you to get your Durango after you ordered it?