3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 PM
cbrrider012
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!

Ok I am going to apologize now because I am very pissed right now and needed to vent and warn you guys in case this happens to you. I ordered my 2011 Dodge Durango Heat from Cook Auto here in MD. I asked them to install a tow hitch because it is unavailable from the factory and they said that was not a problem.

So I get the truck back after the install and the black bezel that goes around the hitch is pretty mashed up. I told them this was unacceptable and that they would have to replace it which they understood and did. After 3 weeks they finally got that finished.

I picked the truck up Tuesday to find that the bezel looked fine but the piece would not sit flush with the bumper and you could see behind the bezel to the ground because the bumper was messed up so badly it was pushing the bezel away from it. Again I told them that this was not acceptable and after a long argument they said there was nothing they could do and that it was not going to get better.

I took the truck to another local dealer today to ask them if maybe they could try and solve my issues and fix the bumper and bezel. They took the bezel off and found out why the bezel would not fit. They completely destroyed my back bumper cutting it out for the tow hitch. It looks like they used a saws-all and tin snips to cut the opening. I have attached pics for you to see the damage. I called Cook's (the original dealer) and chew them out telling them I need a new bumper to replace the one they destroyed and again after a long argument they said they would order one. When I asked the service manager how he let this work pass out the door he said that he was actually the one that cut the opening and did not understand the issue that I had with it!

Well you guys take a look and see if you understand my issue! Again sorry for the rant but I wanted to warn everyone and make sure the story got out about my $hittY dealership and their service department...

Attached Thumbnails Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!-hitch-2.jpg   Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!-hitch-3.jpg   Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!-hitch-4.jpg  
Old 06-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WTF?! Completely unacceptable! My 18mnth old daughter with safety sissors could do a better job!!

Good call on getting it rectified!

Old 06-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Andrey M

>When I asked the service manager how he let this work pass out the door he said that he >was actually the one that cut the opening and did not understand the issue that I had >with it!
You've got to be kidding!! No issue with this job?! This looks so awful, I am at a loss for words... I would never use these bozos again. Glad you were able to get a new bumper..

Old 06-10-2011, 06:20 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

That's absolutely ridiculous! are these guys in the service department amateurs? Most of the vehicles I've owned were Honda/Acura and I've never experience shoddy work. I hope I don't experience the kind of issue you have on my first American made brand.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:50 PM
redlinez

Would Dodge make two bumpers, one with hole for hitch and one without? If they do and the dealer is replacing that butchery, I know which one I would want!

Old 06-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From my understanding, there are two options..

1) "Factory" or "OEM"
- Requires the hitch receiver
- Requires a modified bumper with a cut-out from the factory.
- Does not include instructions for the use of scissors.

2) Hidden Hitch
- Mounted to the frame
- sits below the factory provided bumper.
- Modified bumper not required.

Old 06-11-2011, 01:13 AM
DeceptioN

Wow, no cleaned up at all. At a Minimal they should of filed down the burs and made it somewhat smooth. Realisticly they should of dotco'd it to be a perfect rectangle. Those sharp edges are going to be vulnerable for cracks. The smallest sharp edge can become a 1 foot crack in no time. I can't believe anyone would admit that they had theirs hands in that work.

Plus with a bastard file, a fine file and a few sanding and dotco discs that could of been fixed in maybe 20-30 minutes Tops. That is pure laziness to just leave it like that.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:08 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Holy shiatt!! What an abortion of a job. Complete loser dealership.

Mind if I repost this at the DOC? Unbelievable!

And for the search engines and Google... " Cook Auto MD Maryland Terrible "

IndyD

Old 06-12-2011, 12:18 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Holy shiatt!! What an abortion of a job. Complete loser dealership.

Mind if I repost this at the DOC? Unbelievable!

And for the search engines and Google... " Cook Auto MD Maryland Terrible "

IndyD

No man go for it!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
A.Priori
Default wow

Holy sh*t! I just saw this aftering googling around. I too am looking to add a hitch to my Heat. How did this situation turn out? I was hoping a local dealer could add a towing hitch but now im scared!

Quick Reply: Dealer Destroyed My Rear Bumper!