Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 11:06 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
G,

If you or anyone else on here has this TSB performed and it corrects the issue, post it up on here so others will be aware of the possible fix for a similar condition. Thanks...
Chris,

Do you know if this TSB requires trans R&R? I am not sure I would want to perform this TSB if the dealer has to tear out the tranny.

Please let me know your thoughts.

THanks
Pat

Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 12HemiR/T
Chris,

Do you know if this TSB requires trans R&R? I am not sure I would want to perform this TSB if the dealer has to tear out the tranny.

Please let me know your thoughts.

THanks
Pat

Pat,

It does not. Labor time reimbursement to the dealer is 1.5 hours.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:21 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Pat,

It does not. Labor time reimbursement to the dealer is 1.5 hours.

Thanks Chris

Old 08-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Shaun.Perry
Rookie

I could be wrong but arent all 3rd gen durangos direct injection? could this be the culprit noise that really isnt a problem just the noise of the injector doing its job?

Old 08-10-2012, 07:11 PM
bster
Rookie

It definitely isn't injector noise. Booked mine in today for the tranny TSB and the intermediate shaft TSB. Hopefully this will finally fix my steering vibration and the clicking noise that I have been chasing for a year and a half now. I have had it in to dealer 3 times for clicking noise and when I showed them the TSB, they seemed unimpressed that I did some homework for them. I went in very pleasant and and received a very bad vibe from them. I figure that they get a bit pissy when someone does some investigating for them and they feel like I am stepping on their toes maybe. I mentioned that I have waited for this TSB for 18 months, I hope it does the trick.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:24 AM
gabarit

Hey Bster,

let us know if this TSB fixes the clicking noise

thanks in advance,

G.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:28 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by 12HemiR/T
Thanks Chris

Your welcome. Hope it helps.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:07 PM
bster
Rookie
Default Clicking Noise still there

Had my Durango in at the dealer about the ever present "clicking noise" and they performed TSB 21-010-12. While it seems to shift into Drive and Neutral easier and with no noise, the clicking while accelerating and driving remains unchanged. It sat at the dealer for 1 full week for this repair as the "tranny guy" was overwhelmed with transmission repairs and in the end, it may have been a waste of time.
Service manager wants me to bring it in for him to listen to again.
He mentioned that there are a few transmission issues on the Dodge engineering desks but not sure if this is one of them.
Someday, I may see a fix for this.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by bster
Had my Durango in at the dealer about the ever present "clicking noise" and they performed TSB 21-010-12. While it seems to shift into Drive and Neutral easier and with no noise, the clicking while accelerating and driving remains unchanged. It sat at the dealer for 1 full week for this repair as the "tranny guy" was overwhelmed with transmission repairs and in the end, it may have been a waste of time.
Service manager wants me to bring it in for him to listen to again.
He mentioned that there are a few transmission issues on the Dodge engineering desks but not sure if this is one of them.
Someday, I may see a fix for this.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. I will keep my eye open for any other clicking fixes and post back if I find anything.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:19 AM
MJW
Default Very frustrating

I am a new poster here although I have been reading this forum for this clicking issue (as well as other issues). I bought my 2012 Citadel new and it now has 10k miles on it and I must say that I now regret this purchase. While at first I would always say that I loved my new SUV, I now feel compelled to be honest. I have recently dissuaded two people that were looking to buy this class of vehicle from even considering the Durango. I will continue to do so. (With a vehicle this good looking they will seek you out). The thing is, for every complaint on this forum, there are at least ten times, if not one hundred times, more people with the same issue who are not posting.)
The clicking noise itself is not enough alone to want a do-over. But my vehicle also exhibits a severe shuddering while lightly accelerating at highway speeds. While I could not find a similar complaint on this forum, the Jeep forums well document the frustrations with this issue for vehicles with the same engine and transmission.
Besides this, my vehicle exhibits a noticeable vibration in the steering wheel that is in sync with a more modest general vibration throughout the vehicle at highway speeds.
Additionally, for my vehicle, there continues to be a popping sensation through the steering wheel at low speeds despite the application of a TSB for precisely this issue.
All of these issues were brought to the attention of my dealer – Mt. Ephraim Dodge in New Jersey. But they were extremely condescending in my dealings with them. They actually “diagnosed” the clicking as coming from the AC unit – I have the documentation to prove this. When I told them that the clicking occurs with the AC off, the manager said that “it is probably a transmission solenoid, this is normal and your vehicle runs great”. He said this without admitting that a re-diagnosis was needed. If this is a solenoid problem then Chrysler needs to replace the bad solenoid with one that doesn’t make this incessant clicking noise. Not all Durangos nor Citadels make this noise – I know, I have been listening intently.
For any other readers of this forum who are experiencing this issue but not posting, speak up. We need to force this issue.

Quick Reply: Clicking Noise