3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2014 Durango w/small screen radio..Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 07:02 PM
bizzyswheels
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2014 Durango w/small screen radio..Issues

Does anyone know if there any aftermarket radios available with the vehicle integration that has been done with these?

I have only had my truck since Sept (Got the first 14 off the lot, as it was rolling off the delivery truck!) and I have already had the radio swapped out once after waiting almost a month due to backorders. It is acting up again and it appears to be a known/common issue with this radio.

Per my dealership (who contacted the supplier of the radio out of NY) there is no upgrade path for this radio and I am stuck with a radio that doesnt work.

It loses presets, randomly changes the temperature that was set, blue screens, backup camera doesnt come on sometimes, other times it wont go off, satelite radio comes and goes, sometimes it lets me listen, other times it offers me the subscribe channel only. It will randomly change the speaker configuration. just random stupid annoying things.

This thing sucks, I have reopened my original case with Dodge, and have taken it up to my dealership to get back on the list to get yet another most likely defective radio.

I am worried I cannot change it to an aftermarker radio due to the level of vehicle integration with uconnect.

Apparently this is only an issue with the smaller screen radios, the large screen radios dont have this issue.

help?!? anyone else had this issue and successfully resolved it?

Old 01-03-2014, 07:53 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

They have to fix it...
Tell them to start a STAR case and get it done.
The dealers answer is BS, I am sure yours isnt the only 1 doing this so engineering should be working on a fix currently.
Otherwise they exchange the vehicle out
STEVE

Old 01-03-2014, 07:54 PM
humyz
Professional

Eeesh, scary post, wish I did not read it

Old 01-03-2014, 08:02 PM
bizzyswheels

Thanks for the reply, we have a STAR case opened, the rep reopened my original case for the first radio swap.

this is a known issue with the smaller screen radio, and apparently I cannot pay to upgrade to the larger screen that doesnt have the same issues from the dealership. hence my looking for an aftermarket solution.

the dealership is happy to swap it out again and they ordered me another new one today. they will swap it out once it comes in. the dealership has appeared to go above and beyond to track down options outside of getting another replacement radio, however per Chrysler I dont have any through the dealership.

Old 01-03-2014, 09:47 PM
humyz
Professional

I didn't realize there was 2 different screens. I think w all the safety features w uconnect, a new truck could be in order. I am sure u could go aftermarket, but would lose many features- a good stereo shop can get it done. Good luck

Last edited by humyz; 01-03-2014 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Immo
Professional

I thought I read somewhere that the head units can't be swapped out. Even with another Chrysler unit.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:37 AM
momof2boyz
Default Small radio issues too...

We are having some issues with ours too. It was working fine with my Bluetooth connection. And then I would start seeing a Sirius xm screen come on. I was told our vehicle is not equipped with satellite radio. Now, I lose connection and it goes on the fritz and now the screen won't come back on. The only dodge dealership is over an hour away and I can't leave my vehicle there. I'm stuck right now.

Originally Posted by bizzyswheels
Does anyone know if there any aftermarket radios available with the vehicle integration that has been done with these?

I have only had my truck since Sept (Got the first 14 off the lot, as it was rolling off the delivery truck!) and I have already had the radio swapped out once after waiting almost a month due to backorders. It is acting up again and it appears to be a known/common issue with this radio.

Per my dealership (who contacted the supplier of the radio out of NY) there is no upgrade path for this radio and I am stuck with a radio that doesnt work.

It loses presets, randomly changes the temperature that was set, blue screens, backup camera doesnt come on sometimes, other times it wont go off, satelite radio comes and goes, sometimes it lets me listen, other times it offers me the subscribe channel only. It will randomly change the speaker configuration. just random stupid annoying things.

This thing sucks, I have reopened my original case with Dodge, and have taken it up to my dealership to get back on the list to get yet another most likely defective radio.

I am worried I cannot change it to an aftermarker radio due to the level of vehicle integration with uconnect.

Apparently this is only an issue with the smaller screen radios, the large screen radios dont have this issue.

help?!? anyone else had this issue and successfully resolved it?

Old 10-13-2014, 11:54 PM
krzyman1

Having issues as well. Service dept told me radio is broken. They ordered new one, haven't hear from them in almost a week. Not good. All I have is a blue screen that keeps illuminating saying 'insert update usb'. VERY annoying especially at night. Can't even turn it off. I guess that's what we get for being so dependent on electronics and technology! Cars are nothing but big computers these days.

Old 10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by krzyman1
Having issues as well. Service dept told me radio is broken. They ordered new one, haven't hear from them in almost a week. Not good. All I have is a blue screen that keeps illuminating saying 'insert update usb'. VERY annoying especially at night. Can't even turn it off. I guess that's what we get for being so dependent on electronics and technology! Cars are nothing but big computers these days.
Sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with your radio. Please keep us posted on the repair and PM me if further assistance is needed.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:20 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I find it hard to believe they are not able to get the vendor to replace with updated workable units
STEVE

Quick Reply: 2014 Durango w/small screen radio..Issues