3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Car paralyzed - in operable key FOBS - Dodge Customer Service THE WORST!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 11:52 PM
beburrows
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi JRRF,

I'm honestly STILL DUMFOUNDED at Chrysler's response to this whole situation! Yep, he said...."sorry, we won't cover that"!

The customer service rep., Jay, said that the dealer should pay for the expense of the FedEx'ing the key since the dealer requested me send it to him. Basically, putting the blame on the dealer. WHAT?? I spoke with the Service Manager, Ty, at Crystal Chrysler today and he is as dumbfounded as myself! I ended up sending him the invoices for the cab fare and the cost of the FedEx. It sounds like he will most likely have his District Service Rep. cover the bill. Keep you posted on that....

I may not have mentioned that the dealer did end up shipping me back the Durango via a flatbed truck. The cost on that was roughly $550. Chrysler approved the expense and the dealer is waiting to be reimbursed. Anyways, the customer service rep. made it sound like I should be THANKFUL that Chrysler covered that. Again, WHAT? Does Chrysler actually think I'm going to drive 2 1/2 hours from L.A. to Palm Springs to pick up my car during a work week? INSANE! The really crazy thing is that none of this would have happened if Chrysler DIDN"T HAVE THE PARTS ON BACK-ORDER!! Yep, this is obviously an ongoing problem since the dealers can't even get the parts to fix the FOBS problem.

So, CHRYSLER, if you had the parts in stock the dealer would've been able to fix the car on Saturday and return it back to me. Therefore, NO NEED TO SHIP MY CAR!

Lastly, it sounds like "ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE" apparently ONLY covers towing to the dealer. OK, so, my new truck which I just paid $45k breaks down far away from my local dealer and I'm stuck holding the buck??

Seriously, has to be the WORST protocol I've ever heard of!

The ironic thing is that I just saw a new Chrysler commercial on TV tonight. Do you know what they say on the commercial.... quote...

"OUR GOAL IS A NEW CHRYSLER"! Really Chrysler??? Well, you sure aren't running like it yet!

WOW!

beburrows

Old 08-09-2011, 02:19 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beburrows,

You are woefully close to becoming a troll. We get it, we don't all agree, but we get it already. Pioneers get the arrows, but they also stake the claims.

PLEASE... next time spend another $30,000 and buy yourself some added asswiping customer services.

My guess is "Jay" determined that you would find fault with an 18 year old virgin on prom night.

Old 08-09-2011, 07:52 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
... you would find fault with an 18 year old virgin on prom night.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
vkluu1286

Beburrows

I actually worded it wrong. I was going home to san jose from la haha!

Towed the car to dealership and it was quick fix. You can actually start the car by removing fuse 27, let it cycle for a minute then replace fuse 27. Car may be able to start. It did for me but advisor at dealer went ahead and flashed the ignition module. He said this updated the software so the problem doesnt happen again.

Right now the car runs normal but if anything persists again I'll let u guys know.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:51 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
An investigation case was opened by Sirius as to why the glitch but for now extended my service until October. Once Sirius gets this resolve my in service date will start on the day the case is close and it will be a year of free service.
Well my Sirius Travel Link and Traffic free subscription service is now back online along with the Sat radio and back seat TV....Dodge customer service & my dealership came through after so many follow ups.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
Well my Sirius Travel Link and Traffic free subscription service is now back online along with the Sat radio and back seat TV....Dodge customer service & my dealership came through after so many follow ups.
So do you have weather radar maps in your Sirius Travel Link?

Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 PM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by JRRF
So do you have weather radar maps in your Sirius Travel Link?
Nope...just the weather forecast.

Quick Reply: Car paralyzed - in operable key FOBS - Dodge Customer Service THE WORST!!