3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
JCO1981
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are all haters on this Forum. I will win the suit and get my triple damages at $120K and laugh at all of you.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM
fincher
Professional

Short of closing this thread, I'll wager $120k that you'll get squat. At best, they will fix the issues with your Durango. That is all you are entitled.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:48 PM
Bumpervetteman
Amateur

I can feel the frustration that all of you are discussing on this thread. I just put $1000.00 down so the dealer could ship in a 2011 2wd Chargoal Grey Citadel from another dealship that is 150 miles from where I live. The previous delaer had put 70 miles on it prior to it being driven to my location. I went to my dealership last Saturday to pick it up and my wife and I took it for a quick spin. We did not even make it out of the lot before we heard a noise from the headliner Rt Side Passenger near the DVD and driver side near the center overhead console area. We ended up driving it about 5 miles on our test drive and the noise was terrible. I switched
seats with my wife and rode in the back so I could try to isolate. When I pressed up on headliner near the DVD the noise somewhat subsided but was still there. She tried to press up on headliner near the Center overhead console but the noise would not go away. When we rtn'd to the dealer I told my salesman and sales mgr we have a problem and we all need to go for a ride. They both hopped in and could not believe the noise that was being heard.

The part that kills me is that vehicle was Dealer Prepped at first dealer and they did not hear it, then drove 125 miles to my dealer and the driver that brought it in did not say anything and finally dealer prepped at my location with nobody noticing it either. My wife and I have owned 3 Durangos and the one we are trading in has 20k Miles and not one rattle.

I told the dealer that I would not accept the vehicle and they had one chance to get it right before I come back and try to pick it up this weekend. Why does a $49000.00 have a noise like it has been driven 100k miles. REDICULOS.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:04 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by jco1981
you guys are all haters on this forum. I will win the suit and get my triple damages at $120k and laugh at all of you.

roflmao!!!

Old 09-14-2011, 07:12 PM
aircrewcdh

Same issue here with the head liner just behind the passenger seat. Took it to the dealer, it was fixed within 15 minutes. I cant remember exactly what the service guy told me it was but basically a connector was not tightened all the way and the liner that I assume is attached to the inner roof was flapping around.

Last edited by aircrewcdh; 09-14-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 PM
aircrewcdh

Originally Posted by JCO1981
You guys are all haters on this Forum. I will win the suit and get my triple damages at $120K and laugh at all of you.
Coming from a legal education background, I will give you some FREE advice. It may be cheaper in the end to just go to another dealer. If your car has not had a reasonable number of repair attempts then the court will not give you the time of day. Cars have warranties for a reason. It is a losing battle and your Durango in the end will cost you a lot more than $45,000.

Last edited by aircrewcdh; 09-14-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:57 PM
PowerDDanger
Professional

Originally Posted by aircrewcdh
Coming from a legal education background, I will give you some FREE advice. It may be cheaper in the end to just go to another dealer. If your car has not had a reasonable number of repair attempts then the court will not give you the time of day. Cars have warranties for a reason. It is a losing battle and your Durango in the end will cost you a lot more than $45,000.
Don't try to give him advice, he is one, 29 and acts like a spoiled 12 year old, or two, a complete idiot that has no idea how the United States legal system works. Either way don't waster your time on him, he's right, you're wrong.

Old 09-15-2011, 12:36 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bumpervetteman
The part that kills me is that vehicle was Dealer Prepped at first dealer and they did not hear it, then drove 125 miles to my dealer and the driver that brought it in did not say anything and finally dealer prepped at my location with nobody noticing it either.
BVM, that is where you have it wrong. Wrong about the prep dealer. Wrong about the delivery driver. And wrong about your dealer.

They didn't "NOT notice"... they ALL noticed. They simply DON'T CARE.

They don't care about you. They don't care about Dodge. They don't care about the vehicle. They don't care about any reputation. They ONLY care about the money.

Until dealers are eliminated like the antiques that they are and we FINALLY get to deal directly with the manufacturers, this will always be the case.

IndyDurango

Last edited by IndyDurango; 09-15-2011 at 12:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:37 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JCO1981
@JCO

Name:  drama_llama.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  44.4 KB

@everyone else

Name:  DontFeedTheTroll.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  15.3 KB

Old 09-15-2011, 09:35 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyDurango
Until dealers are eliminated like the antiques that they are and we FINALLY get to deal directly with the manufacturers, this will always be the case.

IndyDurango
That will never happen. Manufacturers don't want to deal with customers. It's way cheaper and way less trouble to pay someone to do it

Last edited by TNtech; 09-15-2011 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?