3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Singh81
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed!

Originally Posted by Singh81
Update

I dropped an email to the Dealer through their internet website this morning and I was promptly contacted regarding the problems with my vehicle. I provided them a direct link to this thread so they know that other owners are experiencing similar problems. I left the car with them after work. I hope they are not too inebriated after the BCS game tonight as they will be working on my vehicle tomorrow.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the service from this dealership so far. I should have more information once they do the diagnostics. The service manager mentioned that he forwarded this thread to Chrysler Corporate so they become aware of the issue as well.

I will keep you all posted ...

I am happy to report that all is well with my Durango. After Chrysler corporate became involved, the urgency level was escalated by the local delearship. The report was that the right rear shock was bad. The headliner does not rattle. 1 month later, still no problems. I am very happy with how Chrysler corporation became involved and helped me see this to the end. I am also very happy about my local dealership and I wish I would have taken it to them sooner.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:42 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Singh81
I am happy to report that all is well with my Durango. After Chrysler corporate became involved, the urgency level was escalated by the local delearship. The report was that the right rear shock was bad. The headliner does not rattle. 1 month later, still no problems. I am very happy with how Chrysler corporation became involved and helped me see this to the end. I am also very happy about my local dealership and I wish I would have taken it to them sooner.
Singh,

Glad they were able to resolve your issue. If anyone else out there feels the need to get Chrysler involved directly the numbers are below.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada

Old 03-29-2012, 12:06 PM
jadd1
Default Same noise in back over bumps

I have a 2011 Durango Heat and I also have the noise in the rear when going over bumps, and also the rattle/squeak in the top. The dealer here in Douglas,GA took it to a body shop and they fixed the squeak. Said it was around the dome light. But I still have the noise in the back, even thought they replaced the shock on the left side. I'm wondering also if it is the spare tire, and if it is, why didnt they check that? I agree with the earlier post....when paying $35k+ you shouldn't have knocks and rattles. So that's why I came on here looking to see if anyone else had this same problem before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks,
JD

Old 03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jadd1
I have a 2011 Durango Heat and I also have the noise in the rear when going over bumps, and also the rattle/squeak in the top. The dealer here in Douglas,GA took it to a body shop and they fixed the squeak. Said it was around the dome light. But I still have the noise in the back, even thought they replaced the shock on the left side. I'm wondering also if it is the spare tire, and if it is, why didnt they check that? I agree with the earlier post....when paying $35k+ you shouldn't have knocks and rattles. So that's why I came on here looking to see if anyone else had this same problem before I go back to the dealer.

Thanks,
JD
JD,

Ask the dealer if the service bulletin below could be the problem and if they don't fix it I would either go to another dealer if you can, or call Chrysler at 800-992-1997 and get them involved.

NUMBER: 17-002-11
GROUP: Rear Suspension
DATE: September 02, 2011

SUBJECT:
Squeak And/Or Creak Noise Coming From Rear Of Vehicle
OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves road testing the vehicle over rough roads and if necessary adding
grease and RTV to both rear jounce bumpers.
MODELS:
2011 (WK) Grand Cherokee
2011 (WD) Durango
NOTE: This bulletin applies to all vehicles except those equipped with load leveling
shocks (Sales Code SES) built before March 17, 2011(MDH0317XX).
SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
Squeak and/or creak sound coming from rear of vehicle when driving over rough roads.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:04 PM
macattack666
Default loud noise

Originally Posted by Murfdog
Brand new Dodge guy here, have always been GM but the new Durango Citadel got me switched over (at least temporarily lol). Anyways, vehicle has 1200 miles and last few weeks noticed loud ride and banging noise coming from the back end, particularly passenger side when hitting any kind of bumps at all. Bigger bumps cause loud bang especially when turning on curve to the right. Took it to dealer and he said no problems. Everything's fine. Has anybody run into this?

Also, the interior head cover inside the roof on the driver side is loose and rattles. Dealer said tough luck on that one and that it's plastic velcro. It's $2000 to replace and it probably wouldn't fix it.

Any ideas? I'm not a complainer but when you spend 46k for a vehicle you tend to have high expectations. I think I'm just dealing with a bum dealer.

Thanks
learn to live with noise. i had new citadel in several times with no fix. all four shocks failed (leaked fluid) but replacing them did not fix loud noise when i hit even a small bump. in first year water pump failed also, and now backup camera has stopped working.

Quick Reply: 2011 Citadel AWD - Loud Noise in Back Over Bumps?