3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Tread Lightly - Great benefit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
MosDRT
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tread Lightly - Great benefit

For all those looking to buy any Jeep/Dodge truck, check it out. Made my purchase pretty stress free as far as dealing with the dealership. You automatically get 1% below invoice with membership and also any current incentives so I think I got a pretty good deal, plus they gave me about what I expected on my Sport Trac Adrenalin trade which was an additional bonus without too much back and forth.

Still learning all the features but am pretty happy with the car...very high content and build quality is again better than I was expecting (OK, the bar wasn't high to begin with). I like the EVIC with all the engine info which many new cars just dont have and I also discovered a rechargable flashlight in the trunk area (!). Kids like the heated rear seats, media/nav seems pretty intuitive. Speaker phone/bluetooth isn't very clear on the other end but that may be my phone. Also the voice recognition stinks. MPG on highway not bad exp with cylinder cut-off...about 22. Around town it is awful at around 12 or 13 but hey its a V8, right? Hooked up the electronic brake controller - the plug they supplied had some funky colored wiring - took me a bit to figure that out and make sure I spliced the right lines to my controller module plug. Tranny makes a big cluncking sound when shifting out of Drive into neutral or park - will have that checked out eventually. Otherwise so far so good for a week...

Old 10-05-2011, 10:01 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Welcome to the family. By the way, the CLUNK is normal.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:38 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

j/k...welcome and you made the right decision to buy a Durango, congrats!!!

Quick Reply: Tread Lightly - Great benefit