3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Prospective Buyer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Hemi D
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greenway dodge are not good. I bought our Citadel at Napelton, they weren't too bad but they did give me the deal I wanted. Orlando dodge seem like good people but have never bought from them. Fields dodge is new and is owned by the same people who own the bmw dealership. I have went there for parts and to have our running boards put on and so far they have been outstanding in service.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:54 PM
happyfirst
Professional

In the end, we got ours at Napleton also, cause they gave me the deal I wanted, and quickly too. I already had another dealer lined up that would have just been the next stop. I had tried Fields but they put no effort into it and their pricing was just aweful, so napleton was next on the list.

And napleton has been very good to us so far. Only sour point was the aggressiveness of the finance guy trying to push other products of which I said no to everything.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Hemi D
Amateur

I first tried central florida cdj but they couldnt come close on price compared to Napelton. I have no loyalty to any one dealer, it was all about price. I live in Oviedo so service at Napelton is out unless its FREE! Like I said before We are going to use Fields for service because it is conveinent to my wifes work and they can shuttle her to work if needed.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM
jimintx

When the battery dies, couldn't you use the jumper posts under the hood (with cables and another car/battery) to supply the 12v needed to move a power passenger seat forward ? Or would the electronics prevent that?

Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
OrlandoDurango
Amateur

Yes, I think that is your only option (other than unbolting the seat seen in a previous post.)

I think it's an odd engineering decision to not include a manual disengage on the power front seat.

Originally Posted by jimintx
When the battery dies, couldn't you use the jumper posts under the hood (with cables and another car/battery) to supply the 12v needed to move a power passenger seat forward ? Or would the electronics prevent that?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 AM
sidewinder9m
Veteran

Originally Posted by OrlandoDurango
I am looking to purchase a 2012 rwd Citadel with the 5.7 and so far have only test driven an AWD citadel with the 5.7. I have a few questions for current owners:

1.) The 0-30mph acceleration seemed very sluggish and not at all what I expected for a 360hp engine. I am going to test a RWD version tomorrow morning but I wanted to see if that is normal.

2.) The steering wheel (heated) seems very soft/squishy. Has this been an annoyance as a daily driver?

3.) Has anyone had any problems installing the latest revision of the mygig lockpick?

4.) The ventilated seats didn't seem to be much more than a small wisp of air on the max setting. Is this normal?
Have you pulled the trigger (buy)?
- yes I have to agree 0 - 30mph off the line is slow...well its a heavy vehicle.
- The steering wheel is just fine and right for me...actually the leather wrapped material is better than the one use in my '06 Acura TSX steering wheel.
- The ventilated seats in cool setting is the weakest link in the D imo....could barely notice it/takes awhile to feel the cool air in your behind compare to my friend's '10 Toyota Avalon it almost frozed my butt

Last edited by sidewinder9m; 02-08-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:47 AM
OrlandoDurango
Amateur

Very close to buying... I had to play the central florida dealers against each other but I have a great offer on the table right now.

I'm coming from the 5.3L GMT trucks (avalanche/tahoe 290hp 6000 lbs ) and the throttle in those trucks felt much more responsive around city.

Right now, the biggest problems for me are:
  • the weak ventilated seats
  • the battery location
  • plastic chrome clad wheels
  • mfg/dealer response for the PCM issue thread (although that was resolved)

but I don't think those are going to prevent me from buying.

Originally Posted by sidewinder9m
Have you pulled the trigger (buy)?
- yes I have to agree 0 - 30mph off the line is slow...well its a heavy vehicle.
- The steering wheel is just fine and right for me...actually the leather wrapped material is better than the use in my '06 Acura TSX steering wheel.
- The ventilated seats in cool setting is the weakest link in the D imo....could barely notice it/takes awhile to feel the cool air in your behind compare to my friend's '10 Toyota Avalon it almost frozed my butt

Old 02-08-2012, 03:19 PM
JRRF
Captain

Right now, the biggest problems for me are:
  • the weak ventilated seats
  • the battery location
  • plastic chrome clad wheels
  • mfg/dealer response for the PCM issue thread (although that was resolved)
If those are your biggest buying problems, you're in luck ;-)

Old 02-08-2012, 03:23 PM
OrlandoDurango
Amateur

Care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by JRRF
If those are your biggest buying problems, you're in luck ;-)

Old 02-09-2012, 08:59 AM
JRRF
Captain

Care to elaborate?
Are you really going to compare cars on which has the most powerful ventilated seats? "ooh, this one really cools my butt...forget about the fact that it can't tow my boat..."

Does it really make a difference if 5-7 years from now you have to pay an extra 100 bucks to have someone else change the battery? "wow, this one has the battery right where I can see it...forget about the fact that it doesn't have a V8..."

Even the wheels can very easily be swapped out if you don't like them. Or you could load up a different trim level that has nicer wheels.

If any of these things are going to make your decision to buy a D vs. an Exp, or Tahoe, or ??? then you really don't like the D. On the other hand, if you like the D, then NONE of these things should sway your decision in anyway.

You can't custom build a vehicle unless you have millions of dollars to spend. Instead you are just a slug like the rest of us going into a dealership and picking something that's available. Whereas if you are the sultan of Oman, you go to Chrysler with a few mill, and tell them you want a Durango with gold stitched seats, orange paint, a V12 engine, a magnetohelical suspension, surround cameras, armoured doors, etc. etc., and they build it for you.

Quick Reply: 2012 Prospective Buyer Questions