3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Prospective Buyer Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 08:00 AM
OrlandoDurango
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... blast from the past. I've had my Citadel for almost 9mo now.

I think the longevity problems with copper-coating and chroming aluminum are well published now so the plastic-tin bond cover is a good compromise. That doesn't make it any less shocking presale when you take a closer look.

And, do you really recommend to people they swap rims when buying a car? How often does that come up in conversation?

Originally Posted by oemwheelguy
OrlandoDurango - I can't address the other items but I can assure you that "plastic chrome" doesn't exist. All chrome is real metal, although companies like Ford and Honda have just started offering chrome-like paint which has 0 chrome in the process. The chrome-clad wheels on the Durango are fairly expensive and were designed that way because they are more durable. There are plenty of people who like them so I recommend to you what I tell others - I would be willing to bet the dealer will be happy to swap them for less expensive wheels - he will make a profit on the next vehicle he sells with them.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM
mmillerao
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't read through all the replies so if someone already posted this, my bad. I, too, have the 5.7L Citadel AWD. I found the acceleration from a stop sluggish and after some research realized that there is a hill control system that holds the brakes for a second when you take your foot off the brake to accelerate. You can disable this feature using the info screen. It made a noticeable difference in off the line acceleration for my truck. IMO, these are street trucks that really don't need that feature but hey, it's there if I ever want it back.

Quick Reply: 2012 Prospective Buyer Questions