3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2011 durango lux hemi

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 02:45 AM
alishair@pepsioman.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2011 durango lux hemi

hi guys,
i bought a 2011 durango Hemi and i have been experiencing many issues. Steering wheel has a knocking sound when going over small objects or line strips on the road. Transmission makes a loud sound when shifting into park or reverse from drive.
sunroof rattles when going over small pot wholes on the road. Drivers window when driving 60mph and window up i hear the wind as if the window is open. passengers door makes a funny sound when braking ton slow down.
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced similar sounds or issues.

i truely think the new D IS A LEMON. I am now really thinking of selling the car.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:41 AM
rdkind62
Professional

Have you taken it in to the dealer to have them work these issues? As in any product there can be a dud every now and then, but if you truly have a lemon then you should go through the proper procedures to have it lemoned and get it replaced at no loss to you.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:44 AM
coldsteel
Captain

You bought a leftover 2011 that has sat for almost a year. That is hard on any vehicle. The transmission shift solenoid is loud because it is forceful and makes a deliberate shift into the drive gears. The wind sound could just be the weatherstripping out of place/sagging (easily replaced under warranty). There is an existing TSB for the steering intermediate shaft.

Bring it to Dodge and give them the opportunity to fix it. You can't be mad at them if they don't know there are problems.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:33 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

I agree with Coldsteel. It doesn't sound like you have even taken it in to be fixed.

While it may be frustrating to have a new vehicle with issues, this is what the warranty is for. I'm surprised that you didn't notice a couple of those issues when you drove off the lot. Either way, you have your list....take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

Old 03-02-2012, 02:23 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alishair@pepsioman.com
hi guys,
i bought a 2011 durango Hemi and i have been experiencing many issues. Steering wheel has a knocking sound when going over small objects or line strips on the road. .
There is a TSB for that, seach this forum and you will find it. Takes dealer 30 min to swap out. Take it in to Dealer.
Transmission makes a loud sound when shifting into park or reverse from drive.
Normal, but if unsure take to dealer.
sunroof rattles when going over small pot wholes on the road. Drivers window when driving 60mph and window up i hear the wind as if the window is open. passengers door makes a funny sound when braking ton slow down.
Take it to dealer
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced similar sounds or issues.
Only the steering shaft and they replaced it, works well now
i truely think the new D IS A LEMON. I am now really thinking of selling the car.
If you honestly think that then you better sell it to me, save you a lot of time and pain. This is a first year vehicle, these (from any make) have their bugs that needed to be worked out. Give the dealer a chance, go in there and explain to them nicely what you are having issues with. If you came to me with the above issue and started talking about the vehicle being a Lemon I would instantly write you off as an idiot.

Quick Reply: 2011 durango lux hemi