Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:45 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acharyagautam
Thanks Katie,
I tried the same thing again today and the same results. The first start nothing comes on, no seat heater, no steering heater nothing (outside temp=36'F). But then after driving the vehicle it for about 15 minutes, tried it again and only the seat heater, steering warmer and rear defroster comes on with no heating.
I will contact the dealer today and see what they have to say.

Thanks
Gautam

Gautam,

I'm sure the Dodge dealer will be able to assist in resolving your concerns or answering any inquiries you may have. However, as previously advised, if you are seeking any additional assistance feel free to contact the US Customer Care Department.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:10 PM
coke_20oz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acharyagautam
Thanks Katie,
I tried the same thing again today and the same results. The first start nothing comes on, no seat heater, no steering heater nothing (outside temp=36'F). But then after driving the vehicle it for about 15 minutes, tried it again and only the seat heater, steering warmer and rear defroster comes on with no heating.
I will contact the dealer today and see what they have to say.

Thanks
Gautam
acharyagautam, I know you said none of the electric heating elements were working until you tried it the second time, however, i had an idea that i thought i'd just throw out there. 36 degrees is pretty close to 40 and these features don't work unless the temp is below 40. Is it possible that the first time you're trying it that your durango is parked in the sun causing the sensor to read 40 or above? That would not allow these features to kick on. I know this has happened to me many times as i live in South Dakota and the temp is around the 35-40 degree mark a lot, and depending on if its sunny or cloudy these features do or don't come on for me. Whenever i get in and see that these features aren't on, i always look to see what the outside temp reads and its always 40 or above.

Thanks,
Eric

Old 01-07-2013, 11:06 AM
acharyagautam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coke_20oz
acharyagautam, I know you said none of the electric heating elements were working until you tried it the second time, however, i had an idea that i thought i'd just throw out there. 36 degrees is pretty close to 40 and these features don't work unless the temp is below 40. Is it possible that the first time you're trying it that your durango is parked in the sun causing the sensor to read 40 or above? That would not allow these features to kick on. I know this has happened to me many times as i live in South Dakota and the temp is around the 35-40 degree mark a lot, and depending on if its sunny or cloudy these features do or don't come on for me. Whenever i get in and see that these features aren't on, i always look to see what the outside temp reads and its always 40 or above.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Thanks. In fact I did try it again and yes, although the D had not been parked in the Sun (dawn), the thermometer inside still read 52'F while the actual temp outside was around 35'F. None of the heating elements came on. I kept it on remote start for about 7 minutes in spite of which the temp reading did not drop to show the actual temp outside. (looks like it still shows the last temp recorded when the D was last switched on which was last evening).

Now, I start driving about 5 minutes and slowly the temp begins to drop to show 35'F. I stop and try the remote start again, viola, the heating elements are working but the heater still is not !

Looks to me like the Temp reading is not picking up the outside temp either for a long time (i haven't tried keeping the D parked and remote start on for more than 7-8 minutes) or till I start driving. Anybody else had this issue?

Thanks
Gautam

Quick Reply: Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start