3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 03:39 PM
2012sxt
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start

Well I have the remote start on the DD and when I use the RStart the Fan will blow on slow speed and no cold air comes out...there are also no lights on the ac controls until i start the car upon entering the vehicle. You can immediatly feel the air get cold as soon as you key start the vehicle when you get in, but not with remote start only. Alot of the 2012 Jeeps have been having the same issues...its like the compressor is not activating with the Rstart but it is with key start. Taking it to dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully this gets sorted out. I am and have always been a Ford guy and this is my first Dodge product...so far not impressed as I should be...

It sucks since the sole purpose of the remote start is to cool your vehicle down before entering with my 100 degree days lately here in FL and it will not work.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:23 PM
BubbaRadioNetwork
Veteran

I think the comfort settings have to be set for the remote start in the evic. Scroll through the menu and check.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM
coldsteel
Captain

Agreed. The Remote Start Comfort System needs to be active in the EVIC or the compressor will not run and pretty much defeats the greatest benefit of the remote start.

The only other thing that I will mention is that if the outside temp is not above the pre-programmed limits, the remote comfort system will also not activate. I believe it is Above 70 and below 40 to trigger the auto heating/cooling.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Gibson74
Amateur

Funny this thread popped up today. Went to get in my 2012 Citadel after work. 92 degrees out. Remote start ran for 15 minutes. Got in car to find warm air blowing. Ac in auto mode on 70. The weird thing is that it's never done that before. I always was able to remote start and cool it down until today for some reason. Something strange is going on. I'm baffled.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Fmunoz71
Amateur

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
Well I have the remote start on the DD and when I use the RStart the Fan will blow on slow speed and no cold air comes out...there are also no lights on the ac controls until i start the car upon entering the vehicle. You can immediatly feel the air get cold as soon as you key start the vehicle when you get in, but not with remote start only. Alot of the 2012 Jeeps have been having the same issues...its like the compressor is not activating with the Rstart but it is with key start. Taking it to dealer tomorrow morning, hopefully this gets sorted out. I am and have always been a Ford guy and this is my first Dodge product...so far not impressed as I should be...

It sucks since the sole purpose of the remote start is to cool your vehicle down before entering with my 100 degree days lately here in FL and it will not work.
I didnt know we could do this, lol. How is this done?

Old 06-29-2012, 04:18 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by coldsteel
Agreed. The Remote Start Comfort System needs to be active in the EVIC or the compressor will not run and pretty much defeats the greatest benefit of the remote start.

The only other thing that I will mention is that if the outside temp is not above the pre-programmed limits, the remote comfort system will also not activate. I believe it is Above 70 and below 40 to trigger the auto heating/cooling.
This I know,but thanks for the info for those that did not. It was active and I do not have seat coolers/warmers or heated steering wheel so only option I have to adjust is if the car honks or not with the remote start. And the outside temp has been well in the high 90's for a few weeks here in FL,

Dealership reflashed everything they could basically and reprogrammed remotestart settings...seems to be working now, we will see through the weekend

Old 06-30-2012, 06:48 PM
NYC_R/T

I'm having the same issue. When I use the remote start the AC blows hot air. I checked the comfort setting and it is checked off in EVIC. As a matter of fact I"m disappointed with the AC, I don't think it's cold enough. With the temperature in the high 90s here in NYC, I'm not happy with my comfort while driving.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Total Loss
Rookie

The same thing happened to me today. I did the keyless start thing, ran it for almost 15 minutes and it was hot as hell when I finally got in. This never happened with my GMC truck. From what I'm reading here, this seems to be a prevalent problem. I certainly hope a solution is on the horizon!

Old 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM
2012sxt
Professional

yeah still blowing semi hot...i think the 90plus degree weather is just too much for the remote start auto ac program to keep up with. it seems to work perfect on the 85 degree days but not so much 98 and above...

Old 07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
coldsteel
Captain
Exclamation

Do you guys have your systems set to OFF, AUTO, or a manual temperature/blower setting when you are turning the trucks off?

In my Charger (non-digital control), if the HVAC is set to OFF, then it's off; if set to AUTO it will engage the compressor and cool significantly before entry, but if the HVAC controls are set to any of the vent modes other than AUTO or full defrost, then starting the vehicle only heats up the engine.

I cannot find it anywhere in the manual, but if you have the HVAC set to OFF or any manual vent/fan setting I think that overrides the system and the comrpessor will not engage.

Please confirm that your systems are set to AUTO before shutting off the vehicle and report back. This is either a simple solution or will be confirmation of a problem.

Last edited by coldsteel; 07-03-2012 at 05:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start