3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

All,

A software update to the HVAC module is being worked on at this time. Below is the bulletin regarding the issue. I will post it here when the update is released.

Release Date: 06/25/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: No A/C Operation When Using Remote Starting System

Diagnosis:
Customer may complain of no A/C cooling when using the remote starting system. This is most noticed on vehicles equipped with ATC system. This concern will be resolved with a software update to the HVAC control module. Estimated availability of software update is 08/13/2012.

Old 07-03-2012, 09:36 AM
Total Loss
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris,

Thanks for the update! I'm really looking forward to this, as are those who are experiencing the issue.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 AM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
All,

A software update to the HVAC module is being worked on at this time. Below is the bulletin regarding the issue. I will post it here when the update is released.

Release Date: 06/25/2012
Symptom/Vehicle Issue: No A/C Operation When Using Remote Starting System

Diagnosis:
Customer may complain of no A/C cooling when using the remote starting system. This is most noticed on vehicles equipped with ATC system. This concern will be resolved with a software update to the HVAC control module. Estimated availability of software update is 08/13/2012.
thanks for the update! guess we will just have to wait through the heat of the summer....till the update comes out

Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 2012sxt
thanks for the update! guess we will just have to wait through the heat of the summer....till the update comes out

Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I will keep an eye open for the update.

Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 AM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Hopefully it's sooner rather than later. I will keep an eye open for the update.
I called my Dodge tech and told him about this...he told me ok great see ya in August...lol He said three other people have been in after myself to have the same thing looked at. He said once they get the software update in on mine and it fixes the issue he will be calling those that came in with same complaint to get theirs fixed as well.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM
baum
Professional

Ahh the joys of having an aftermarket rs that is activated via the factory remote and also iphone..

Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Hansel179

I have the '12 DD R/T and have the same issues. Dealership told me "we've duplicated the problem but dodge hasn't created a fix". This issue occurs whether I have the temp OFF AUTO or MANUAL. It doesn't matter if the setting is checked or unchecked. When I start my DD using remote start, the a/c blows hot regardless of the outside temp, despite the setting. I called Chrysler customer service and I was told, "we're sorry, but the dealership is our eyes and ears and if their unable to fix it I don't k ow what to tell you". Gee, thanks! *sarcasm*

I'm truely frustrated that I spent nearly $45k on a vehicle and can't use ALL the options it came with ...

Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 PM
2012sxt
Professional

Originally Posted by Hansel179
I have the '12 DD R/T and have the same issues. Dealership told me "we've duplicated the problem but dodge hasn't created a fix". This issue occurs whether I have the temp OFF AUTO or MANUAL. It doesn't matter if the setting is checked or unchecked. When I start my DD using remote start, the a/c blows hot regardless of the outside temp, despite the setting. I called Chrysler customer service and I was told, "we're sorry, but the dealership is our eyes and ears and if their unable to fix it I don't k ow what to tell you". Gee, thanks! *sarcasm*

I'm truely frustrated that I spent nearly $45k on a vehicle and can't use ALL the options it came with ...
agreed...but at least a fix is in our future hopefully. Mine does the same as yours...hot air no matter what the settings

Old 08-01-2012, 03:58 AM
moparmommy
Amateur

I'm really glad I found this post. I have been complaining about this for the past few weeks. I will set the a/c on low for the front & rear. Do the remote start and leave it run for 3-5 mins, each time expecting it to be nice and cool for us. NOPE! The rear doesn't blow any air, but you can hear it, and the front blows warm air lightly...

So I took it in today, the service dept guys kept telling me it is how the D is. Remote start was meant for cold weather, so it will heat but not cool.. Making the feature absolutely pointless for anyone who lives in a 70 degree climate. It pissed me off, bc the thing should work as a start, no matter if the button on the dash is pressed or the remote button!

Old 08-01-2012, 04:00 AM
moparmommy
Amateur

Oh, also, when I asked if there was a fix for this, they told me no, because this is how dodge made the system. It saves the vehicle battery... As you can probably tell, it makes me very annoyed, especially after how much we just paid for the car and for it to not work the way anyone with common sense would assume it would!

Quick Reply: Another issue with my 2012 Durango - Remote Start