3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Losing presets

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 10:59 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rkeetec
Thanks Chris. I will give it a try, but I don't see how this is different from how we set up originally
Every once ina while, we will just have blanks on the radio presets. And the radio presets are the only thing we lose. seats, etc stay the same.
Rk,

I am not sure about the theory but it has been working for many customers and hopefully it will work for you. I will continue to keep an eye open for any other fix that becomes available and post it if one comes out.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:42 AM
itc_sburnett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Moe19
I have the exact same issue. Haven't talked to the dealer about it yet. Funny, the only presets I lose are the SAT presets. The AM and FM presets never disappear. I too tried the "fix" but I still lose the presets on occasion. I also lose the "Home" location intermittently too. I don't lose it at the same time I lose the presets. Tough to diagnose those intermittent problems.
we have the exact same problem on a 2008 Jeep. Also only lose the SAT presets for both driver 1 and 2. seems to happen when the non usual driver activates the RKE change. I'll try the posted 'fix', but I also wonder how that is a fix, its how you're supposed to set it up in the first place.

I have a 2012 Durango and so far have not had the problem. 2 differences: different model radio and I never setup the RKE feature. I'm wondering if that's the real culprit.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:09 AM
71mopar383

We have the same issue out of our 2012. Its my wifes truck and its making her crazy and it only seems to happen after I drive it. She gets in with her driver settings and bam preset are gone. We took it in and they reset the amp they said not sure how that would fix it.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:32 PM
71mopar383
Default Didn't fix

I did the suggested fix - and it was fine for a while - but has since lost the presets again. SO annoying!! Especially when I take it in to the dealer and just told since it didn't throw a code, they can't do anything about it. Seriously?

Old 10-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Stoopalini
Rookie

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Natural,

Engineering is working on a fix for this issue and I will post it once it is released.
Any update to the home address not storing? We have the same issue, and our the service dept at our dealer refuses to acknowledge it's an issue. They say "cannot duplicate problem"

Old 10-17-2012, 08:57 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Stoopalini
Any update to the home address not storing? We have the same issue, and our the service dept at our dealer refuses to acknowledge it's an issue. They say "cannot duplicate problem"
They have not released any new update on this as of yet. Once they do I will post it here.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Brandnt

hey, im a Chrysler tech, and my '12 does this every 10th time i switch the memory settings. my parts manager just gave me a cd update for these issues a couple days ago. i have not updated mine yet. the Chrysler part number is 68204727AA. i just checked this number, and it is not available yet, we just received a couple of the cds in preparation for when they are released. this should help.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:31 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by Brandnt
hey, im a Chrysler tech, and my '12 does this every 10th time i switch the memory settings. my parts manager just gave me a cd update for these issues a couple days ago. i have not updated mine yet. the Chrysler part number is 68204727AA. i just checked this number, and it is not available yet, we just received a couple of the cds in preparation for when they are released. this should help.
Yeah, unfortunately I cannot post it until it is officially released. I will post when released.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Moe19
Amateur

I took my 2012 Durango back to the dealer and told him about my Satellite Presets disappearing as well as my Home Location disappearing. He updated my radio's software and said that should correct both problems, however, it did not. My presets disappeared again today. It only seems to happen after switching between the 2 driver memory selections, but it does not happen every time. Just once in a while. The GPS has not lost my Home Location (yet) since the software upgrade.

For what it is worth, the old Software Application # was 2.116 and the SDS # was 264608. The new Software Application # is 2.120 and the SDS # is 237246.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 PM
rangort11
Amateur

Same here loose presets too. Its driving me crazy! Took it to the dealer they didn't do anything, couldn't duplicate the issue. They also said a software is coming up in near future. In the mean time I keep reprogramming the sat presets.

Quick Reply: Losing presets