3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Losing presets

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
ramdanimal
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoopalini
Any update to the home address not storing? We have the same issue, and our the service dept at our dealer refuses to acknowledge it's an issue. They say "cannot duplicate problem"
I'm having the same issue.....home address and all address book entries are not being retained. I have entered them multiple times and each time that I go back to use them, it tells me that there are no entries in my address book.

Presets are working just fine and I have had no problem with them.....just the Nav memory.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:15 AM
71mopar383

Any word on when the software update will be released? My wife is about to shoot her radio it's making her crazy.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
nathan179
Amateur

Hey forgive my ignorance here but I have an '11 Citadel and wanted to know if there was a firmware update already out there for the unit? We just tried to use the GPS for the first time and it's maddening not to be able to put in an address while driving the car, even with voice commands.

Looks like i have the 430N/RHB unit. Touch screen HDD with Garmin navigation and Sirius.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Didhefocus
Professional

An update won't fix the problem of not being able to enter destinations while driving. That is done for safety reasons. As far as I know, the latest version is 2.120 on the radio.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan179
Hey forgive my ignorance here but I have an '11 Citadel and wanted to know if there was a firmware update already out there for the unit? We just tried to use the GPS for the first time and it's maddening not to be able to put in an address while driving the car, even with voice commands.

Looks like i have the 430N/RHB unit. Touch screen HDD with Garmin navigation and Sirius.

Nathan,

Didhefocus is correct. There are no updates that will be forthcoming from Chrysler to change this on your unit.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:01 AM
itc_sburnett

mygig lockpick, does solve the vehicle in motion issue. I wish, from the factory, it was set so if there was a passenger it would allow entering an address while the car is in motion.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:44 AM
DodgeCares
Champion

Originally Posted by itc_sburnett
mygig lockpick, does solve the vehicle in motion issue. I wish, from the factory, it was set so if there was a passenger it would allow entering an address while the car is in motion.

I don't think this will happen either. Many restrictions are because of state laws. In many cases it's not up to the factory.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:43 AM
nathan179
Amateur

Well the Garmin portable units don't restrict you from doing it so it seems like it's conflicted on the issue of "laws."

Simple resolution would have been to have the GPS allow voice commands, which I guess can be done on the 700 series head units but not mine.

On the issue of a lockpick, I didn't think I have the "MyGig" brand stereo, just the 430N/RHB so that wouldn't be compatible. I guess I'm kinda confused on all the different options and what is compatible with what. I did a search just now but is there a thread on all this?

BTW thank you Chris for being accessible here, I've been a member of a number of forums over the years for different cars and I've never seen a manufacturer representative active and responding to threads on a daily basis. That's really awesome.

Old 11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Waynead
Veteran

[QUOTE=nathan179;2903352BTW thank you Chris for being accessible here, I've been a member of a number of forums over the years for different cars and I've never seen a manufacturer representative active and responding to threads on a daily basis. That's really awesome.[/QUOTE]

I agree!

Old 11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Well the Garmin portable units don't restrict you from doing it so it seems like it's conflicted on the issue of "laws."

Simple resolution would have been to have the GPS allow voice commands, which I guess can be done on the 700 series head units but not mine.

On the issue of a lockpick, I didn't think I have the "MyGig" brand stereo, just the 430N/RHB so that wouldn't be compatible. I guess I'm kinda confused on all the different options and what is compatible with what. I did a search just now but is there a thread on all this?

BTW thank you Chris for being accessible here, I've been a member of a number of forums over the years for different cars and I've never seen a manufacturer representative active and responding to threads on a daily basis. That's really awesome.

Thanks. I think many people are going to be pleased with the next generation of radio units coming out. I had a chance to get the information on them last month and they are pretty sweet. They are being launched with the 2013 Rams that will be appearing at dealers now. Then as new models and refreshes of existing models come out they will move across the entire vehicle line-up. Grand Cherokee and Durangos will get them next year.

Quick Reply: Losing presets