Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

touch wood my new 2012 citadel has no wobble nor pull. 2,500 miles so far

Old 09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
GotRPM
Professional
Cool

I appreciate the response, but I don't understand how Dodge can wash their hands of this problem....I am sorry if I am coming across as jerk, but I don't see why I should be the one dealing with KUHMO...
I don't understand why it is so difficult for consumers to read what is and is not covered when they buy a new car. Few if any manufacturers warranty tires - the Mercedes, BWM, and Infiniti vehicles I owned all had the same basic tire policy. Why? - ask them - but it is clearly stated in the documentation when you buy the vehicle. Learn to read all the documents before you buy the new vehicle. Ask me how I know all this.....

Now if you purchased additional coverage - the above makers offer supplemental tire replacement coverage - then you should expect the manufacturer to "step up" because you paid for it. But neither Dodge or other makers with the same tire policy are obliged to do anything other than offer a referral to the responsible party. Your analogy is fatally flawed because the tire shop sells tires, not motorcycles, lawn tractors or automobiles. I am sorry for the problems you are experiencing, but just because you 'think' Chrysler should help you because it makes your life easier is rather naive.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:00 PM
adbutz
Rookie

GotRPM,

I see you are one of those fine people who go around jacking other peoples threads looking to get into an argument instead of offering advise on the real problem or sharing personal experience related to the issue. I don't really care what it says in the documentation as to me the tires are part of the final product and should be warrantied by dodge("my opinion anyways"). I'm sure the majority of people would expect the same as me.

Now I may be jumping the gun, and maybe KUHMO will be very pleasent to deal with, but why should I have to when the vehicle has done it from day one. This is my example of how customer service by domestic automakers is quite simply lacking. There is a reason why GM and Dodge have struggled through these tough economic times and quite frankly this is one of those. Poor quality products with terrible service that follows.

As for the Automakers warranty, I have a brother who works for Lexus in their service department. I threw my problem at him and he informed me his dealership would simply replace the tires no questions asked. Sure it says the tires are not covered in the Lexus warranty but here is an example of someone stepping up to make a customer happy. I guess you get what you pay for!

I don't really feel my Kal Tire example is fatally flawed either. Sure they sell tires but they are also a fully functional service station. They do everything from balancing tires all the way up to engine and tranny work. Sound familiar, ah yes, its much the same as the service depatment at my local dealership. They both sell you products, including tires(in my case sold on my vehicle), and they both are supposed to fix your vehicle. The only difference is Kal Tire doesn't turn around tell me I need to contact my tire manufactuer to get my tires replaced as its not under "their factory warranty".

Now maybe I am venting, but hey... isn't that what these forums are about. Its about allowing people to share their experiences and thoughts and hopefully someone will have had the same problem and offer some good advise on how to fix the problem. It not about telling the person who is having a tough time with a brand new vehicle, who are questioning their purchase, that he should have read his warranty before purchase. This is simply rubbing it in his face of person who feels that he just wasted $49,000. Maybe I got a lemon and the unfortunate problem is that Canada does not protect its citizens from automakers who make lemons. We have no Lemon Law Act. We just simply have to wait it out and hope the dealer fixes the problems. The above issues are not the only ones I am having with this vehicle. They are just the tip of the iceburg. Here is a list of my problems if you would like to throw any more of your you should have known you stupid simpleton comments at me.

Vehicle pulls to right.
Wobble in steering wheel.
Drivers side door is loose and rattles.
Loud clunk in the rear when you go over medium+ sized joints in the road
The dash rattles
Small but ntoicable particles of steel fell into the paint during the painting process. This has left exposed pieces of metal that will likely rust within a year and end up causing me to have to replace my door. Also went to dodge autobody center with this, they took photos and told me they would get back to me. This was a month ago and still no respsonse.
Uconnect is glitchy and fails to load properly at times
Front Splash Guards do not line up. I took them in and the dealership installed them with a 1/2 gap near the bottom. Thanks but I could have done this myself.

There they are, feel free to add your comments!

Old 09-17-2012, 04:30 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by adbutz
GotRPM,

I see you are one of those fine people who go around jacking other peoples threads looking to get into an argument instead of offering advise on the real problem or sharing personal experience related to the issue. I don't really care what it says in the documentation as to me the tires are part of the final product and should be warrantied by dodge("my opinion anyways"). I'm sure the majority of people would expect the same as me.

Now I may be jumping the gun, and maybe KUHMO will be very pleasent to deal with, but why should I have to when the vehicle has done it from day one. This is my example of how customer service by domestic automakers is quite simply lacking. There is a reason why GM and Dodge have struggled through these tough economic times and quite frankly this is one of those. Poor quality products with terrible service that follows.

As for the Automakers warranty, I have a brother who works for Lexus in their service department. I threw my problem at him and he informed me his dealership would simply replace the tires no questions asked. Sure it says the tires are not covered in the Lexus warranty but here is an example of someone stepping up to make a customer happy. I guess you get what you pay for!

I don't really feel my Kal Tire example is fatally flawed either. Sure they sell tires but they are also a fully functional service station. They do everything from balancing tires all the way up to engine and tranny work. Sound familiar, ah yes, its much the same as the service depatment at my local dealership. They both sell you products, including tires(in my case sold on my vehicle), and they both are supposed to fix your vehicle. The only difference is Kal Tire doesn't turn around tell me I need to contact my tire manufactuer to get my tires replaced as its not under "their factory warranty".

Now maybe I am venting, but hey... isn't that what these forums are about. Its about allowing people to share their experiences and thoughts and hopefully someone will have had the same problem and offer some good advise on how to fix the problem. It not about telling the person who is having a tough time with a brand new vehicle, who are questioning their purchase, that he should have read his warranty before purchase. This is simply rubbing it in his face of person who feels that he just wasted $49,000. Maybe I got a lemon and the unfortunate problem is that Canada does not protect its citizens from automakers who make lemons. We have no Lemon Law Act. We just simply have to wait it out and hope the dealer fixes the problems. The above issues are not the only ones I am having with this vehicle. They are just the tip of the iceburg. Here is a list of my problems if you would like to throw any more of your you should have known you stupid simpleton comments at me.

Vehicle pulls to right.
Wobble in steering wheel.
Drivers side door is loose and rattles.
Loud clunk in the rear when you go over medium+ sized joints in the road
The dash rattles
Small but ntoicable particles of steel fell into the paint during the painting process. This has left exposed pieces of metal that will likely rust within a year and end up causing me to have to replace my door. Also went to dodge autobody center with this, they took photos and told me they would get back to me. This was a month ago and still no respsonse.
Uconnect is glitchy and fails to load properly at times
Front Splash Guards do not line up. I took them in and the dealership installed them with a 1/2 gap near the bottom. Thanks but I could have done this myself.

There they are, feel free to add your comments!

Adbutz,

If you'd like to PM me your VIN# and the name of the Dodge dealer you have been dealing with, I can review your concerns for you.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:28 AM
3RDGENDRT
Default awd

Mine's not a awd and its not pulling at all

Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 PM
sirk

BAD wobble in my AWD RT started tonight. Feeling comes in at about 50 mph and gets a lot worse as it speeds up. By time it's at 65 it's violent and unbearable. I will be taking it to the dealer in the next two days. I hope I'm not in for a nightmare.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:53 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

As an example: I have a Toyota Tacoma work truck, that when dealer delivered to my office it had a shimmy in the wheel at 50 mph +. I called the dealer and they said teh tires are dunlop go to any dunlop dealer and have them inspect them. Dunlop and goodyear are same dealers so I went to local goodyear by my house they balanced teh tires and said let them know if it re-occured or not. well a day later it stated again. I returned they checked balance again and said all 4 tires getting replaced. They replaced all 4 and no problems since.
My point...things happen out of Dodge control, they dont make those tires nor warranty them, they will support your claim with the tire manufacturer. Life is not perfect sometimes we get inconvenienced a bit.
Good luck with repairs
STEVE

Old 03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
firefox7518
Rookie

My AWD R/T is having the wobbling steering wheel since day one and is also pulling to the right. I drove 2 other Durango AWD models and both of them to have it too. Really Dodge? Do you have something like quality control?

It took us 3 alignments to get rid of of the pulling to the right but the wobbling was still there. I live in Switzerland, the car gets not imported officially and I therefore have no factory warranty. It costs me 600 bucks (yes Switzerland is expensive!) to fix the alignment which I had to pay myself.

To get rid of the wobbling I had to purchase 4 new tires as the piece of **** Kumhos are almost OVAL! When we put them on the balancing machine we couldn't believe what we see. Another 1200 bucks for new tires plus install 120 bucks. NICE, really nice! :-(

The shim is still there but not that strong as with the ****ty KUMHO tires so I guess besides the wheels there is also something else not good. I read somewhere in the forums that there is a TSB for the intermediate shaft?
Does someone know more about it? I also have the clicking noise below 10mph which has to do with another TSB about the tranny.

Does someone know how much the part will cost as I have to pay for them (no factory warranty here in Switzerland for these cars). I will install them myself but the dealerships can't really help because of the not known model.

I really like the Durango. The hemi sound soo nice :-) But reading how many others are having the same issues it should be really obvious for Dodge that there is something not ok. I can imagine that lots of this issues are not brought to Dodges books because there are Dealerships which want to have happy customers and are resolving this issues on their own. My Dealership which is a Dodge Dealership (but only for the Nitros, Journey and Avengers) are doing their best to help me.

@ Dodge, any input to this? You're active here and see a lots of posts regarding the same issues.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:23 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I hadn't read most of this thread before I posted before. I had installed Kumho tires on my wifes 2008 AWD Avenger R/T as recommended by the tire place. Well After 2 days I went back and said there is something wrong with these tires. They balanced them and said sorry, went back 2 more times for same and same result. No Good, they removed the tires from the car and installed 4 factory original Bridgestone Potenza's. We have not had a problem since!
SORRY KUMHO YOU SUCK!

Quick Reply: Rt owners help please