3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Discontinued

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

production shows up in internal documents through 2015...but i guess that could change at anytime. But like I said....it would be a terrible crossover if built on a minivan platform

Old 09-07-2012, 02:49 AM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

Well, if and when they do discontinue it, hopefully they will at least do it the honor of sending it out with a bang by offering some kind SRT or limited version in its final year. I'm pretty sure most of the guys on this forum would be salivating at the thought of a factory SRT Durango model...especially if its the last year of production of the Durango. That may actually be something not only highly desirable among the Durango fan base, but possibly a collector vehicle, if they were to discontinue the Durango after that.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that I would raid my retirement savings if thats what it would take to put me into an SRT Durango!

Hey DodgeCares, you can forward this one up to Mr. Gilles, if you get a chance...(hint hint wink wink)

Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNBURNTsnype
Well, if and when they do discontinue it, hopefully they will at least do it the honor of sending it out with a bang by offering some kind SRT or limited version in its final year. I'm pretty sure most of the guys on this forum would be salivating at the thought of a factory SRT Durango model...especially if its the last year of production of the Durango. That may actually be something not only highly desirable among the Durango fan base, but possibly a collector vehicle, if they were to discontinue the Durango after that.

I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in saying that I would raid my retirement savings if thats what it would take to put me into an SRT Durango!

Hey DodgeCares, you can forward this one up to Mr. Gilles, if you get a chance...(hint hint wink wink)

Will Do.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Scottina11heat
All Star

SRT is a seperate company from Dodge...so they could build anything they want technically. I HIGHLY doubt they would do a one year SRT model just to say goodbye to this Durango platform. Doesnt make sense at all business wise. Maybe Dodge could do a special edition like what Jeep is doing with the Grand Cherokee? Maybe somehting similar to the altitude or trailhawk or an anniversary edition?

Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 AM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
SRT is a seperate company from Dodge...so they could build anything they want technically. I HIGHLY doubt they would do a one year SRT model just to say goodbye to this Durango platform. Doesnt make sense at all business wise. Maybe Dodge could do a special edition like what Jeep is doing with the Grand Cherokee? Maybe somehting similar to the altitude or trailhawk or an anniversary edition?

I know SRT is a separate company, but they still get the base vehicle parts from whatever factory produces them. So, if there's no more Durango, they probably wouldn't make an SRT after its discontinuation. I agree it's highly unlikely they would do it too, but Chevy is doing a special edition of the Avalanche for its final year, and Ralph is a car guy and I'm sure he would want to send out one of the staple model names of the Dodge fleet out in style instead of just letting it fall by the wayside and die off. Besides, who says it has to be just one year. They could produce it for the last 2 years or whatever. They produced the (admittedly kinda lame) Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 and Dodge Caliber SRT4 both for only 2 years as well, so it has happened. SRT is such a small brand within Chrysler they are possibly the only ones who could produce such a low volume of units of something like an SRT Durango and still be able to make a profit doing it. Plus, I think it might drum up a little more attention and recognition to the Dodge Durango lineup by having the high performance model around.

And no matter what the chances are of this actually happening, the more noise, we, as the consumers make about it, and show that the demand is there for the product, the more chance we have of actually seeing a product come down the pike for us. The more noise we make on forums and autoblogs and letters and email we send to Chrysler/Fiat/SRT, the more we get our voices heard that we want this product, and who knows...maybe someday they'll make one...

Just trying to keep the hope alive!

And thankyou DodgeCares for passing that up. I appreciate you doing that and for just being on this forum and showing that Dodge/Chrysler wants to stand behind and support is products.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

Ive met RG a couple times and he addressed issues like this. SRT wants to build cars for the cycle of a platform. Take the Jeep for instance....they started in 2012 and wont kill the SRT Jeep until the end of the Jeep current platform cycle in 2015. They will be deciding on the 2017 Jeep SRT8 and other models a couple years before they end their current cycle. Someone mentioned exactly what you did with the crossfire and neon and RG's response was..."that was the OLD SRT team!" Look for the SRT Dart very soon...probably mid 2013 or 2014. Still nothing showing of the Journey SRT.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

and I agree.....a 6.4 Durango SRT would be sick....just add the SRT jeep parts to the Durango and be done! A 7 seat SRT! I just dont think they would EVER develop that platform for 1-2 years anymore.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 PM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNBURNTsnype
I know SRT is a separate company, but they still get the base vehicle parts from whatever factory produces them. So, if there's no more Durango, they probably wouldn't make an SRT after its discontinuation. I agree it's highly unlikely they would do it too, but Chevy is doing a special edition of the Avalanche for its final year, and Ralph is a car guy and I'm sure he would want to send out one of the staple model names of the Dodge fleet out in style instead of just letting it fall by the wayside and die off. Besides, who says it has to be just one year. They could produce it for the last 2 years or whatever. They produced the (admittedly kinda lame) Chrysler Crossfire SRT6 and Dodge Caliber SRT4 both for only 2 years as well, so it has happened. SRT is such a small brand within Chrysler they are possibly the only ones who could produce such a low volume of units of something like an SRT Durango and still be able to make a profit doing it. Plus, I think it might drum up a little more attention and recognition to the Dodge Durango lineup by having the high performance model around.

And no matter what the chances are of this actually happening, the more noise, we, as the consumers make about it, and show that the demand is there for the product, the more chance we have of actually seeing a product come down the pike for us. The more noise we make on forums and autoblogs and letters and email we send to Chrysler/Fiat/SRT, the more we get our voices heard that we want this product, and who knows...maybe someday they'll make one...

Just trying to keep the hope alive!

And thankyou DodgeCares for passing that up. I appreciate you doing that and for just being on this forum and showing that Dodge/Chrysler wants to stand behind and support is products.
Your welcome. It never hurts to make suggestions.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional

Scottina, Wow you met him? Do u live in Michigan or are u in the industry or something? Well, then I'm sure you probably know way more than me about realistic expectations. I've just always been one to hope and dream...

And I'm thinking you're right, I may just have to be content with swapping the Jeep SRT parts onto our trucks(I'm quite jealous of yours already by the way), but it's the power train, ECU, wiring harness, tranny, etc that would be way out of my league and add up in price, so a factory version is kinda my only hope.

I mean even later on down the road if they gave the SRT treatment to the upcoming Grand Wagoneer, that may do the trick for my purposes, as I would need a 3 row vehicle, but I'm just not too stoked on the renderings I've seen of the Grand Wagoneer thus far.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

internal documents shows the 6.2 apache(supercharged) as an engine available for the Grand Wagoneer. That doesnt mean anything or if they will use it...but it shows the possibility of a 7 pass SRT Wagoneer or special edition Wagoneer with the 6.2. The Wagoneer will basically be the durango with different body, suspension and more luxury...even above the Grand Cherokee Overland Summit

Quick Reply: Discontinued