3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

TSBs for Common Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Stoopalini
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSBs for Common Issues?

Our D has been a great vehicle, but does have a few things which need to be fixed, and our dealer is absolutely no help! Actually, they're so disorganized it borders on incompetent.

I'm wondering if there are any TSBs out there on the issues we're having, so I can actually give the #s to the service guys.

Here is what we're trying to get repaired:
  • Home Address not saving (they say they set it and it worked fine. Although they don't realize it forgets it a few days later and they don't believe us)
  • Front bumper out of alignment - clips don't hold it under the headlights. (They told us there are no clips in that location and it's normal)
  • suspension clunking sound (told us they can't hear it .. it's a very obvious hollow clunk over washboard road surface. I don't think they even test drove it)
  • non-functional USB port in the center arm rest (they agreed this is a problem)
Of the above 4 items, the USB port is the only one they confirmed was an issue. All the others they stated "could not duplicate".

They ordered a radio based on the USB not functioning, and called when it arrived to setup a service appointment. My wife went in for the scheduled 10am appointment, and they didn't even pull the D back into the service bay until after 12:00, only then to pull it right back out and tell her they ordered the wrong radio and she'll have to bring it back at a later time.

This is my wife's daily driver, with 2 small kiddos (3 and 5 yrs/old), so making time to sit at the dealer for 2+ hrs to be told she has to come back was not a good thing!

Ok, so she drives home and about a week later we get a call saying the radio is in. I tell the guy it'll be a bit before her and the kid's schedule allow for her to bring it down. About 2 weeks later (on a Friday), we call and schedule an appointment for the following Monday. She drives down on Monday only to be told they sent the radio back to Chrysler that morning because it had sat too long on their shelf!!

We've had it with them, and are looking for another dealership to service our D, but was hoping there are some TSBs on the above issues I could use to get someone to acknowledge they are actual issues.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stoopalini
Our D has been a great vehicle, but does have a few things which need to be fixed, and our dealer is absolutely no help! Actually, they're so disorganized it borders on incompetent.

I'm wondering if there are any TSBs out there on the issues we're having, so I can actually give the #s to the service guys.

Here is what we're trying to get repaired:
  • Home Address not saving (they say they set it and it worked fine. Although they don't realize it forgets it a few days later and they don't believe us)
  • Front bumper out of alignment - clips don't hold it under the headlights. (They told us there are no clips in that location and it's normal)
  • suspension clunking sound (told us they can't hear it .. it's a very obvious hollow clunk over washboard road surface. I don't think they even test drove it)
  • non-functional USB port in the center arm rest (they agreed this is a problem)
Of the above 4 items, the USB port is the only one they confirmed was an issue. All the others they stated "could not duplicate".

They ordered a radio based on the USB not functioning, and called when it arrived to setup a service appointment. My wife went in for the scheduled 10am appointment, and they didn't even pull the D back into the service bay until after 12:00, only then to pull it right back out and tell her they ordered the wrong radio and she'll have to bring it back at a later time.

This is my wife's daily driver, with 2 small kiddos (3 and 5 yrs/old), so making time to sit at the dealer for 2+ hrs to be told she has to come back was not a good thing!

Ok, so she drives home and about a week later we get a call saying the radio is in. I tell the guy it'll be a bit before her and the kid's schedule allow for her to bring it down. About 2 weeks later (on a Friday), we call and schedule an appointment for the following Monday. She drives down on Monday only to be told they sent the radio back to Chrysler that morning because it had sat too long on their shelf!!

We've had it with them, and are looking for another dealership to service our D, but was hoping there are some TSBs on the above issues I could use to get someone to acknowledge they are actual issues.
Stoopalini,

I could find no TSB's for the issues you describe. I would suggest you contact the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center and let them work with the dealer to get the issues resolved. If you prefer to go to a different dealer, they will contact the dealer of your choice and set you up with them. If the dealer cannot figure out the solutions to the issues you are experiencing the Assistance Center can get the Chrysler techs involved to help solve the problems. I suggest calling them before you waste anymore time with the dealer. Number below.

800-992-1997 United States
800-465-2001 Canada

Old 10-17-2012, 01:09 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a good list of TSB's

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm#NEW

Quick Reply: TSBs for Common Issues?