3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Seat noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:05 PM
NY-Durango
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Seat noise

My drivers seat in my Durango keeps making a creaking or clicking noise. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. I intend to bring this to the attention of the dealer next oil change. I searched for this problem and found it is happening on Charger seats.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:21 PM
kingofwylietx
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine makes a creaking or clicking noise when going over some bumps. It's not all bumps, but I have noticed it on occasion. I need to get it checked out, I only have about 3K miles left on my bumper to bumper warranty.

I haven't heard it lately, so it's pointless for me to take it in when it's not doing it. I had my jumper cables in the storage bin under my seat and took them out. I don't know if the two are related.

I'll post back after I get it looked at, please do the same if you beat me to it

Old 10-18-2012, 01:34 AM
Frohoss
Rookie

Driver seat no, front passenger seat yes. 2012 Crew with leather seats. Specifically the bottom seat cushion is loose towards the back. Nothing really holds the rear portion of it in place other than gravity and/or the the weight of a passenger. I took it back to dealer and they said there wasn't much they could do. They put some padded felt underneath to help silence it but it is still loose and most likely will be forever

Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
NY-Durango
Rookie

My seat was just like yours "kingofwylietx" with the noise only happening occasionally so I didn't mention it to dealer. Now it has gotten really bad and it is driving me crazy. I might not even wait till next oil change.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

I have cloth non-powered seats and mine has done it since it was brand new. I have mentioned it to the dealer and they were unable to replicate the issue. Now its so often it drives me nuts, 28k on the truck. Its at the dealer now and if they cannot replicate it I will drive it around and point it out until it is fixed.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:24 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NY-Durango
My drivers seat in my Durango keeps making a creaking or clicking noise. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. I intend to bring this to the attention of the dealer next oil change. I searched for this problem and found it is happening on Charger seats.

NY,

This is not a problem I've heard of with the Durangos. Usually the sooner the better to bring it to the dealers attention. Keep us posted and let me know if there is any additional assistance you need.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:34 PM
cbrrider012
Professional

Originally Posted by DodgeCACares
NY,

This is not a problem I've heard of with the Durangos. Usually the sooner the better to bring it to the dealers attention. Keep us posted and let me know if there is any additional assistance you need.
I could use some assistance. Mine makes all kinds of noises, sounds like its coming from the left side of the seat and its like a cracking, popping noise. Also my seat depending on where it is on the track, meaning how far forward or back I have it feels like it has slack in it. Meaning sometimes depending on the positioning the seat will slide back maybe a quarter inch when I am driving. And it will continue to do this until I find a position that it stops in. I have spoken to the dealer several times and they cannot replicate it but its definitely there.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 PM
NY-Durango
Rookie

I just want to say wow. I thought I was the only one with this seat problem but it seems to be happening more than any of us realized. It also appears that it doesn't matter weather it is Leather or Cloth because from what you guys have said it's occurring with both types of seats. After reading all your responses I will be going to the dealer next week so I will let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks for all your responses, sometimes I think maybe I'm being to picky or crazy.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:34 AM
HeMiDD305
Professional

I have the same noise, and I believe it comes from the area ofbthe seat where you can compress/decompress in order to make it more firm on your back. I was told by a friend that its typical with Durangos and seen a lot with the cloth interior

Old 10-19-2012, 11:00 AM
kingofwylietx
Professional

Originally Posted by cbrrider012
.......sounds like its coming from the left side of the seat and its like a cracking, popping noise.....
That is it, from the left side of my drivers seat. Mine are leather.

Quick Reply: Seat noise