3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'11+ Tuner - Finally!!?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013 | 08:43 PM
GizmoDurango
Veteran

Originally Posted by mac424
Well, the most recent updates from Diablosport allowed me to tune the D without issue! I was able to modify stock and install the 91 octane right after. No ABS light, no codes. Butt dyno says things are good. It scared the crap out of me merging on the highway.

I noticed there wasn't a 93 octane tune listed, I've emailed Diablosport about that, but they're going in the right direction now.
I know I'm not the only one who wants to say thank you for all of your beta testing!!!!

Old 01-31-2013 | 10:44 PM
wildspeed
Professional

Well, the most recent updates from Diablosport allowed me to tune the D without issue! I was able to modify stock and install the 91 octane right after. No ABS light, no codes.
I have been running the 91 tune all week without any issue.

Did you do any modification to the 91 tune parameters or just installed it straight with no change ?

Old 02-01-2013 | 08:13 AM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by GizmoDurango
I know I'm not the only one who wants to say thank you for all of your beta testing!!!!
Haha! I didn't get a chance to "Beta" test. I could never get past the calibration id issue. By the time all the updates were posted and I tuned the truck, there were no issues (that I've found yet).

Originally Posted by wildspeed
I have been running the 91 tune all week without any issue.

Did you do any modification to the 91 tune parameters or just installed it straight with no change ?
I adjusted the rev limit, shift points and speed limit when I wrote the 91 tune in.

The truck just feels better. The throttle responds better, you can actually accelerate now without having to mash the pedal. Hopefully we'll see an update for the 93 tune.

Old 02-01-2013 | 11:37 AM
wildspeed
Professional

Originally Posted by mac424
Haha! I didn't get a chance to "Beta" test. I could never get past the calibration id issue. By the time all the updates were posted and I tuned the truck, there were no issues (that I've found yet).

I adjusted the rev limit, shift points and speed limit when I wrote the 91 tune in.

The truck just feels better. The throttle responds better, you can actually accelerate now without having to mash the pedal. Hopefully we'll see an update for the 93 tune.
Know the feeling,
Put back the factory tune in the DD last night before to update the intune ( just in case....) but didn't reload the tune in . Wife called to ask why her car was feeling so sluggish....(forgot to mentionned to her that car was back to factory tune..)

Old 02-01-2013 | 01:18 PM
Jpo
Amateur

There are a lot of comments on the improvement in the throttle response. Does anyone know if the tune directly adjust the throttle calibration - i.e. pedal actuation is 20%, tune calls for 35% throttle?

Old 02-01-2013 | 01:40 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by wildspeed
Know the feeling,
Put back the factory tune in the DD last night before to update the intune ( just in case....) but didn't reload the tune in . Wife called to ask why her car was feeling so sluggish....(forgot to mentionned to her that car was back to factory tune..)
Found out from Diablo that the "Diablo Tune" is the 93 tune. Guess I'll try it tonight. And good call on taking it back to stock. Nothing wrong with verifying the process works correctly before going on.

Very true on the way the truck drives on the stock tune. You don't notice the changes until you go back!

Old 02-01-2013 | 01:42 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by Jpo
There are a lot of comments on the improvement in the throttle response. Does anyone know if the tune directly adjust the throttle calibration - i.e. pedal actuation is 20%, tune calls for 35% throttle?
Throttle response is improved. There is a selection for throttle booster. Basically, it speeds up the response and allows the butterfly to open further (dont quote me on all that though). I maxed my truck out on the throttle booster and it definitely made a difference.

Old 02-01-2013 | 01:48 PM
rrjjpp74
Rookie

Mac,

You able to adjust tq management yet?

Old 02-01-2013 | 01:58 PM
mac424
Professional

Originally Posted by rrjjpp74
Mac,

You able to adjust tq management yet?
Not yet. Shift points, yes. Shift firmness, no.

The TCM is a different module and I haven't seen an ETA from Diablo in regards to being able to firm up the shifts.

Sorry keep referencing the LX cars, but you were able to adjust the firmness with them and they had a separate module. Heck mopar even came out with a performance TCM for those cars. I doubt they'll come out with a performance module for the D.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. Diablo is saying shift firmness (5.7 cars only) is available for some vehicles right now. Not sure it will change.

Old 02-01-2013 | 02:34 PM
rrjjpp74
Rookie

That is one of the biggest difference makers was tq management.

Quick Reply: '11+ Tuner - Finally!!?