3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Uconnect Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I now did a full Uconnect reset, and deleted all BT entries on my phone to see if that would help. I was able to re-pair the phone, but the phone book entries just won't download like the manual says they should (and like they did when I first got the car). I keep getting the "phonebook downloading" message on Uconnect. I've done nothing to upgrade my phone during that time, so there should be no issue there. What on earth could be causing this? I need my phone book while driving because I do a lot of work from my car.

One thing I read said something about putting the ignition in the "run" position. I did most of my work in the AC position. I wouldn't think so, but could this possibly have any impact?

Thanks for all your help so far.

Old 11-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Johnny Nitro
Default Uconnect

Need telephone number to factory maker?

Old 11-21-2012, 04:25 PM
JRRF
Captain

I wanted to bump this post to see if anyone else had other ideas on what might be causing this. I hate to think I'm going to have to live without a phone-book capability until the death of this car.

Thx.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:50 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I was trying to locate a phone with the same SW as yours. I found the same model phone last week but the SW has been updated to 6.0 Bundle 1879. I have tested it with no issues. Have you tried updating yours?

Originally Posted by JRRF
I wanted to bump this post to see if anyone else had other ideas on what might be causing this. I hate to think I'm going to have to live without a phone-book capability until the death of this car.

Thx.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Sorry, I was trying to locate a phone with the same SW as yours. I found the same model phone last week but the SW has been updated to 6.0 Bundle 1879. I have tested it with no issues. Have you tried updating yours?
Thanks for your diligence. I have not updated my phone because I fear losing too many settings/shortcuts/etc., or even worse: proper integration with Outlook. I'm just too dependent on this from a business perspective.

All things being equal (and they are), it just doesn't seem plausable that my phone sync'ed properly with the car a year ago, but won't do it now.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:43 PM
xsdbs
Captain

I understand your concern and I would probably think the same about it having worked in the past. If this was me at this point, I would try to eliminate the phone as being the issue. I would ask if you could go by the dealer to see if they have a similar year vehicle & radio set up, ask to pair your phone up and see if it works. If you get the same results then it's the phone set up. We can go further after that testing if you'd like.

Thanks for your diligence. I have not updated my phone because I fear losing too many settings/shortcuts/etc., or even worse: proper integration with Outlook. I'm just too dependent on this from a business perspective.

All things being equal (and they are), it just doesn't seem plausable that my phone sync'ed properly with the car a year ago, but won't do it now.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
JRRF
Captain

I understand your concern and I would probably think the same about it having worked in the past. If this was me at this point, I would try to eliminate the phone as being the issue. I would ask if you could go by the dealer to see if they have a similar year vehicle & radio set up, ask to pair your phone up and see if it works. If you get the same results then it's the phone set up. We can go further after that testing if you'd like.
Finally got to the dealer with this. They could not get my phone book to download either. They didn't try a different car, but did try a different phone and it downloaded just fine. They suggested there was some setting on my phone that was changed and is causing the problem. Any ideas what that might be?

Update: Just kept playing with this in the car. Didn't change any particular setting that would make any sense, for that matter I'm not really sure what I did, but all of a sudden the phone book just downloaded and works. Maybe just enabling and disabling the download in various ways while connecting finally broke some glitch. Anyway, thanks for all your help just the same. Phone life returns to normal for now.

Last edited by JRRF; 12-14-2012 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
xsdbs
Captain

That's great that it's working now. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. (I hope that's ok to say, you never know how others take it, If not then please have a Great Holiday).

Finally got to the dealer with this. They could not get my phone book to download either. They didn't try a different car, but did try a different phone and it downloaded just fine. They suggested there was some setting on my phone that was changed and is causing the problem. Any ideas what that might be?

Update: Just kept playing with this in the car. Didn't change any particular setting that would make any sense, for that matter I'm not really sure what I did, but all of a sudden the phone book just downloaded and works. Maybe just enabling and disabling the download in various ways while connecting finally broke some glitch. Anyway, thanks for all your help just the same. Phone life returns to normal for now.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 AM
JRRF
Captain

That's great that it's working now. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. (I hope that's ok to say, you never know how others take it, If not then please have a Great Holiday).

Thanks!

Old 12-17-2012, 09:28 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JRRF,

Glad to hear that your problem has been resolved. If the concern happens again feel free to let me know if there is any assistance that you may need. I'd be happy to help.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Phonebook