3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Uconnect Phonebook

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 05:29 PM
JRRF
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uconnect Phonebook

A friend of mine got a new phone number and I can't seem to update it in the car. My cellphone phonebook has the new number in it, but the car is not reading that.

My understanding is that the cell phonebook is downloaded automatically when the bluetooth is connected, but it never updates.

There's another phonebook in the car and I've tried to delete it and even add a new entry (that would hopefully override the auto-downloaded one) but that didn't work either.

I keep calling this guys ex, and she's getting annoyed :-)

Old 10-20-2012, 07:45 PM
dizney24
Rookie

try menu, system setup, device pairing, click on ur phone, ok then on the bottom of the screen youll see a little phone book click on it. it should now update your new phone book

Old 10-20-2012, 10:52 PM
JRRF
Captain

I don't have that option under System Setup (I have the 430 radio). If I use the verbal "system setup" command I get an option to reset the entire radio to factory settings. I think I lose everything that way and I'm not quite prepared to take that action yet.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:02 PM
fincher
Professional

There should be access to the phone book. If not, delete your pairing and then pair your phone again. You shouldn't have to do it but it will solve your problem of calling the 'ex.'

Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 AM
JRRF
Captain

Sounds like the only option. It's unfortunate that there isn't a good visual interface to the phone book (or other phone features). Everything on my phone connection is voice command only.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:48 AM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Uconnect system does download your contact list (phonebook) each time the BT connection is made. This is incase you have added, deleted or edited contacts while away from the vehicle. The Uconnect system will support up to 1,000 contacts with up to 4 contact numbers for each from your phone. The uconnect system will support up to 32 contacts and up to 4 numbers for each contact in the local phonebook (memory).

1) What phone do you have?
2) When you put the new # into your phone,s contact list, what phone description did you put it under (work,, mobile, home etc)?
3) If the phone is a GSM phone, are the contacts on your SIM card or on the phone itself?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
JRRF
Captain

I understand that it's supposed to download the new book each time, but it sure doesn't seem to be doing it. I have a BB, and the new number is a Home number. All my numbers are on the sim card for portability.

I've tried adding, deleting, replacing, you name it. It just doesn't want to recognize the new number. It's quite bizzare. And the only way to really test it is to call the number and annoy them more and more (since there is no visual verification in the car system).

Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

odd, ok if you don't mind let me ask a couple more questions and also a couple of steps. OK?
1) When you entered the new # for your buddy, did you delete the old #? (The fact that you're calling the old number makes me think that he is stored somewhere still).
2) press the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, list names". You'll be asked for a name to start from, say his name. As his name is read out, press the VR button and say "Details". His information should be read out.
3) was it read out correctly?
4) If not, then please turn the BT off on the phone or just turn the phone off completely. When you see the battery & signal icons go off on the radio, then press and release the Uconnect phone button and say "phonebook, list names". Are there any names listed or does Uconnect say "phonebook empty"?

Originally Posted by JRRF
I understand that it's supposed to download the new book each time, but it sure doesn't seem to be doing it. I have a BB, and the new number is a Home number. All my numbers are on the sim card for portability.

I've tried adding, deleting, replacing, you name it. It just doesn't want to recognize the new number. It's quite bizzare. And the only way to really test it is to call the number and annoy them more and more (since there is no visual verification in the car system).

Old 10-24-2012, 10:25 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by xsdbs
odd, ok if you don't mind let me ask a couple more questions and also a couple of steps. OK?
1) When you entered the new # for your buddy, did you delete the old #? (The fact that you're calling the old number makes me think that he is stored somewhere still).
2) press the Uconnect button and say "phonebook, list names". You'll be asked for a name to start from, say his name. As his name is read out, press the VR button and say "Details". His information should be read out.
3) was it read out correctly?
4) If not, then please turn the BT off on the phone or just turn the phone off completely. When you see the battery & signal icons go off on the radio, then press and release the Uconnect phone button and say "phonebook, list names". Are there any names listed or does Uconnect say "phonebook empty"?
Well that was instructive, and very strange. When the BT is connected and I ask for the list I get the entire phone book. When I ask for details I get the old/wrong number that simply doesn't exist anywhere in my phone anymore. When I kill the BT, my buddy is the ONLY name in the car's phone book, and the home number is the correct/new number. Don't ask me how that happened, but it sure seems backwards from what I'd expect.

Old 10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
JRRF
Captain

This is getting stranger all the time. I deleted all the names on the car phone book, so that's empty now. I deleted the entry entirely from my phone's phone book, including in the phone log. I deleted the device pairing from the car's bluetooth. Then I added a completely new bluetooth entry for the phone. After the new pairing was complete, and I ask to list the phonebook entries, I still get this bizarre entry that does NOT exist in my phone. I also deleted another entry in my phone, and low and behold, that one has also refused to disappear from the car. Also strange, there are other phone entries that don't get listed in the car when I ask for them. Something is causing some entries to live forever and others to never get downloaded. And I can't yet tell if the bug is with the phone or the car.

Any other advice on things to try is appreciated.

Quick Reply: Uconnect Phonebook