3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Software update 2.126

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
cpcordell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpo
Bump RE where are people ordering disks from? I was told I needed to bring my truck in to the dealer for them to install as only they have the disks...
Mine just showed up in the mail. I never inquired about it nor did I know there was a free update.
I am glad there is an update since this is the one (and only) aspect of our Durango that has been bad. There have been at least six times in the last couple of months where I had to use my Droid via Google Maps to do the navigation since the fancy radio was useless ( did not have the address or was wrong).

Old 12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Recieved mine as well but haven't installed it as of yet!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
jkrukonis

I had pretty much the same experience. Map update probably took close to 2 hours to complete.

Originally Posted by bbtkd
I did the update today and went pretty smooth. No odd behavior at all. I ended up interrupting the map update by turning off the car. The directions say it will resume where it left off. When I restarted it was on the radio screen but was locked up, silent, and was not showing the update progress screen. I ended up stopping and starting it twice more (running errands) and both of those times it came up with a black screen with a logo - again no progress screen or indication it was doing anything. Finally after about 90 minutes it completed. Sure would be nice if when resuming it would show the progress screen - or at least some indication it was working. Lastly, the directions said I would need to re-synch my phone to it, but I didn't have to.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Waynead
Veteran

I know this was asked before, but will everybody get the discs mailed to them? Does it depend on your dealer?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
CMil527
Champion

I'm guessing we should all recieve them, mine came directly from dodge!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:27 PM
bbtkd
Veteran

Originally Posted by Waynead
I know this was asked before, but will everybody get the discs mailed to them? Does it depend on your dealer?
You should if you bought it new and it has the 730n stereo.

I found out later that though it seemed to remember the bluetooth pairing to my phone, it wouldn't work. My wife tried calling me - repeatedly repeatedly repeatedly - and there was no audio. Frustrating since I was driving and I could not get it to allow me to use my phone - could not break the pairing. Finally pulled over and deleted the pairing on my phone. I re-paired them later but haven't tested.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM
DJ Hellfire
Veteran

System is still slightly buggy!

Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Didhefocus
Professional

Originally Posted by CMil527
I'm guessing we should all recieve them, mine came directly from dodge!
Only owners of 2012 models purchased between a certain range of dates (sorry I forgot the specifics). I called Dodge CS and they said my 2011 doesn't qualify for the update discs for the Software or Map update. She said I would have to take it in. I later found it online and installed it last friday night. So far it's working fine but not enough usage yet to see any difference. My main problem was the sound just quitting using my iPod touch 4th gen through USB after about 20 or 30 minutes.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Jpo
Amateur

Originally Posted by Didhefocus
Only owners of 2012 models purchased between a certain range of dates (sorry I forgot the specifics). I called Dodge CS and they said my 2011 doesn't qualify for the update discs for the Software or Map update. She said I would have to take it in. I later found it online and installed it last friday night. So far it's working fine but not enough usage yet to see any difference. My main problem was the sound just quitting using my iPod touch 4th gen through USB after about 20 or 30 minutes.
Hi. You say you found it online? Do you still have the link?

Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Didhefocus
Professional

Originally Posted by Jpo
Hi. You say you found it online? Do you still have the link?
Try this:
http://www.mydrive.ch/browse#/125447...HW-RHP%202011+

username: mygig@soxag
password: gasolio

Last edited by Didhefocus; 12-19-2012 at 09:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Software update 2.126