3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Mopar Pedal Cover Install

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 07:35 PM
MG2012CREW
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile pedals

Just ordered a set, hope i don't break any fingers. Will try the head gun tactic.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:30 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Careful with the heat gun

Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by CMil527
Ahhh...keep us posted how that fits!
From what I gathered its not bad I read to use a piece of 3m double sided tape under it to keep it more snug
STEVE

Old 03-01-2013, 11:47 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
From what I gathered its not bad I read to use a piece of 3m double sided tape under it to keep it more snug
STEVE
Gotcha... keep me posted, I need to grab one!

Old 03-02-2013, 03:10 PM
MG2012CREW
Professional
Talking

Careful with the heat gun
Will a hair blower work. Lol

Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

maybe depending on how arm it gets the rubber. Or I read a bucket of real hot water, sit it in water for a while and it becomes real flexible
STEVE

Old 03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Ok got the E brake pedal installed. The pedal is the correct dimensions but curved on the wrong side. So I modded it, I gently removed the curve from it by using a wooden dowl and small hammer. I then modded the rubber slightly on the back of the pedal to allow it to slide over the durango's pedal surface. I then mixed up some 2 part epoxy and applied it to the rear of the pedal pad. After letting it tack up a bit I reinstalled the pedal pad and lined it up. I used a spring loaded clamp to apply pressure to the pad and metal arm evenly to allow the epoxy to cure completely without chance of movement.
After a few hrs I checked the pad and it is set up well. I reapplied the clamp for the remainder of the day today and will remove it tomorrow. Its should work well.
STEVE

Last edited by FSTDANGO3; 10-02-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 PM
MG2012CREW
Professional

Ok got the E brake pedal installed. The pedal is the correct dimensions but curved on the wrong side. So I modded it, I gently removed the curve from it by using a wooden dowl and small hammer. I then modded the rubber slightly on the back of the pedal to allow it to slide over the durango's pedal surface. I then mixed up some 2 part epoxy and applied it to the rear of the pedal pad. After letting it tack up a bit I reinstalled the pedal pad and lined it up. I used a spring loaded clamp to apply pressure to the pad and metal arm evenly to allow the epoxy to cure completely without chance of movement.
After a few hrs I checked the pad and it is set up well. I reapplied the clamp for the remainder of the day today and will remove it tomorrow. Its should work well.
STEVE
Nice job, looks great.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:01 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

STEVE
Nice job bro... matches nicely, now its time to do mine!!

Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 PM
bluebastion
Professional

STEVE
Very nice! I think someone else had one custom made... anyone have the thread saved?

Quick Reply: Mopar Pedal Cover Install