3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Difference between Viper Rep.'s and SRT10 rims?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between Viper Rep.'s and SRT10 rims?

This may be a stupid question, but I've been looking at a bunch of different rims for the D and I love the look of the Viper Reps, but it looks like they don't have as much of a dish to them as the the SRT10 rims(I know the stock SRT10 rims won't fit, but I'm looking at possibly some replicas with our bolt pattern). Do the SRT10 rims really have a deeper dish than the Viper Reps or is it just the angle I'm looking at them in the pictures?

I also found some 2011+ JGC SRT8 replicas on EBay I'm interested in, but I'm just curious why the replicas are so much cheaper than the OEM Alcoa rims? What makes the OEM rims so special that they are that expensive when sold used?

Thanks.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
SUNBURNTsnype
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah and one more thing...

I know there's not much love for the 2011+ JGC SRT8 rims, but do any of you guys like them and would you be interested in any replicas from Factory Reproductions? I'm thinking about calling them and seeing if they are planning on trying to make some reproductions of the 2011+ SRT rims, but just wanted to gauge the interest of anyone here first? I actually kind of like them, I just wish the OE ones people were selling weren't so damn expensive, so I figure a repop is probably my only affordable choice.

Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same design from what I've seen and having had a Ram SRT-10 and now the Viper reps on my Rango I can tell you the Oem SRT wheels are forged and reps are cast wheels which are much cheaper to make, heavier and not quite as strong.l

Quick Reply: Difference between Viper Rep.'s and SRT10 rims?