3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models
View Poll Results: Will there be a 2015 Dodge Durango?
A) Yes
94.12%
B) No
0%
C) I don't care
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Will there be a 2015 Dodge Durango

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 PM
firemanprice
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will there be a 2015 Dodge Durango

From the rumors that have been circling around the web lately. About our Dodge Durango being replaced with a bigger Grand Cherokee. Do you think there will be a 2015 Durango?

A) Yes

B) No

C) I don't care

Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM
bluebastion
Professional

Yes there will be a 2015... and I'm sure even a 2016. No manufacturer spends a ton of money on a mid-cycle refresh-redesign just to sell it for one model year. They'll gauge reception and how well it sells after the refresh and make their decision from there.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by bluebastion
Yes there will be a 2015... and I'm sure even a 2016. No manufacturer spends a ton of money on a mid-cycle refresh-redesign just to sell it for one model year. They'll gauge reception and how well it sells after the refresh and make their decision from there.
Precisely!

And even if there isn't a D at some point, there will be a 3 row GC that (like today) will look identical on the inside, and on the outside will look almost identical from the rear like the current model GC looks, and from the front will get a Jeep grill instead of the D grill. 90% of the people out there won't know or care that there's any difference at all. It will be the same car with a different badge.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 PM
vectorz
Professional

Originally Posted by JRRF
Precisely!

And even if there isn't a D at some point, there will be a 3 row GC that (like today) will look identical on the inside, and on the outside will look almost identical from the rear like the current model GC looks, and from the front will get a Jeep grill instead of the D grill. 90% of the people out there won't know or care that there's any difference at all. It will be the same car with a different badge.
I actually would've gotten the GC if it had 3 rows. I've been a huge fan of D's since the 1st Gen I had treated me so well but I like the styling on the GC just a little more.

Old 04-07-2013, 08:25 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by vectorz
I actually would've gotten the GC if it had 3 rows. I've been a huge fan of D's since the 1st Gen I had treated me so well but I like the styling on the GC just a little more.
I actually like the GC styling a little more too, but I think some of that has to do with the fact that it's a little less long ;-)

Old 04-07-2013, 10:04 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopeful for the 2016!

Old 04-07-2013, 10:11 PM
wi-steve
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also would have bought a Jeep rather than a Dodge had the third row been available. The GC just looks better.

And also agree yes they'll keep making the D for a year or two at minimum.

But I have to say I see perhaps 10 GCs for every D around here. I would not blame them at all for just making a three row GC and ditching the D. I would think it would lower manufacturing costs significantly compared to having two vehicles, and would increase sales quite a bit overall.

Plus, a Dodge truck seems to have no place in their lineup anymore, now that RAM is its own brand.

Steve

Old 04-07-2013, 10:22 PM
firemanprice
Professional

Originally Posted by wi-steve
I also would have bought a Jeep rather than a Dodge had the third row been available. The GC just looks better.

But I have to say I see perhaps 10 GCs for every D around here. I would not blame them at all for just making a three row GC and ditching the D. I would think it would lower manufacturing costs significantly compared to having two vehicles, and would increase sales quite a bit overall.

Plus, a Dodge truck seems to have no place in their lineup anymore, now that RAM is its own brand.

Steve
Great comment Steve, I agree with you. I think it won't be long before it happens.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:40 AM
JRRF
Captain

Originally Posted by wi-steve

Steve
I think you see more GCs because like most SUVs it's just a big car, and most people need no more. A lot fewer folks actually need a 7 seat vehicle, and most of those go the mini-van route. The wife has the MV, and the husband drives a big car (like a GC).

As for manufacturing costs, these cars are so similar already, and share so many parts, that converting a D to a three row GC would be more of a branding issue than a manufacturing issue.

And as for the D being a truck......it's hardly that anymore. Particularly compared to most big SUVs today.

I agree that it may well go away, but I'm not sure I agree with your reasoning.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Blue659
Rookie

Quick Reply: Will there be a 2015 Dodge Durango