3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Travel Link part of Sirius?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013 | 07:35 AM
Waynead
|
Veteran
Default Travel Link part of Sirius?

It's almost time that my free year of Sat radio will expire. Great idea, by the way, it give it free for a year to get you hooked.

My question is this: Is all the Travel Link stuff- gas prices, weather map, etc.- part of a Sirius subscription of is it something else?

Old 05-20-2013 | 07:39 AM
pjw1967
Veteran

Originally Posted by Waynead
It's almost time that my free year of Sat radio will expire. Great idea, by the way, it give it free for a year to get you hooked.

My question is this: Is all the Travel Link stuff- gas prices, weather map, etc.- part of a Sirius subscription of is it something else?
It is part of something else. You can renew the Sirius subscription without it. Do note that there are diff levels of Sirius subscriptions. You should visit their website. http://www.siriusxm.com/

BTW I haven't ever used the Travelink as we don't stray very far from home by car.

Old 05-20-2013 | 07:42 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Travelink is extra with the standard package. Also when you are about to expire, call them tell them you want to cancel, they will cut your price by 50%. This is standard protocal. Google Sirius tricks for subscription or something along those lines, but standard servce for year, you should be looking at $115 tops for the standard package. If you find other tricks etc, feel free to post.

Old 05-20-2013 | 08:02 AM
shelbymopar89
Veteran

Do you have a smart phone? When mine expired I thought about renewing but then I looked at my other option. I was never really satisfied with the traffic, or the sports scores updates. I ended up not renewing and here is why. You are right about the free year spoiling you, but I found that I am just as happy blue tooth streaming pandora from my phone, not to mention the google maps with the traffic overlay is much much better than what Sirius offered through the vehicle, same with traffic. If I loose cell reception, I am normally in a place I would not have satellite anyways. So over all I lost my three Disney channels for the kids, but that's it. Everything else my phone can provide, and in some cases it is better. All in a service I already pay for. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Old 05-20-2013 | 09:49 AM
insureobx
Rookie

It's nice for free, don't think I'll pay to renew mine when it expires either. The weather maps aren't all that great compared to what I can pull up on my phone. With a Tunein app and Disney music app, I can get everything Sirius offers anyway.

It was neat when I first started messing with it but when I used it to price gasoline in the area and the station was $0.10 a gallon higher than the in-car application was showing, I pretty much quit using it. Might be off since I'm in a rural area, but still, the phone apps are more up to date in my opinion.

Old 05-20-2013 | 07:18 PM
mazda3ndp
Professional

I had the same question when my year was up, and since I have a lifetime sub on a old radio, I just piggybacked that for $7 a month. Little did I know I would loose traffic and travellink. travellink I could care less about, but the traffic was slightly helpful.
I spoke to several sirius reps over the phone and they wanted $4 a month for traffic and $4 a month for travellink, or something to that effect. I then explained to them, that I could just as easily pick up my phone and look at google maps for traffic, and the cheap gas app for gas prices and I COULD DO THIS ALL FOR FREE, with FREE SERVICES. So then after I declined the $4-8 increase, I offered then $2 a month because I am generous... paying for something I could get for free... they wouldnt budge so I just hung up.

Old 05-20-2013 | 09:44 PM
12HemiR/T
Professional

Mine expired 1.5 weeks ago. When I called to cancel they did not offer any discounts. I would buy the Travellink package, but it is not available as a stand alone. It is nice when your out of range of a cell tower and need weather updates, like when your camping. Then again I could buy a weather radio.

Old 05-20-2013 | 09:53 PM
Music_Man82
Amateur

What is travelink, can you get it on a SXT, I have a mygig Rbz?

Old 05-20-2013 | 10:44 PM
pjw1967
Veteran
Old 05-21-2013 | 09:31 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by 12HemiR/T
Mine expired 1.5 weeks ago. When I called to cancel they did not offer any discounts. I would buy the Travellink package, but it is not available as a stand alone. It is nice when your out of range of a cell tower and need weather updates, like when your camping. Then again I could buy a weather radio.

I did too, told them I would think about it, called back and got the answer I needed from a different rep. Its an acting game, play into their hands, like alll these baskets in call centers, its how they are approached in how they react to you. Oh and it helps if you can understand them too

Quick Reply: Travel Link part of Sirius?