Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
hoeky
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down COMPLAINT on the 11 Durango

Dodge NEEDS to address this issue.

Hello People:

Here is my problem that I want Dodge to address---

When I got into my 2011 Durango this morning to go to work,I noticed a long crack in my windshield, so , I called my local Dodge dealer and told them about it, and they told me to bring it in and they would determine whether it was a rock chip or a crack in the windshield. Well the service manager got a small sharp pic and ran it along the crack. As expected it was determined to be a rock chip. This“rock chip” was sooo small it didn’t even star or pit the windshield, you had to get at an angle to see anything on the windshield. It must be either a Phantom or Microscopic rock that did this. This guy even pointed out several other pit marks in the windshield.

Now the Good part---to replace the windshield it will cost $600-800. Rain Sensor glass. Glass is only covered for 1 year or 12,000 miles. NO aftermarket products out as yet,only Mopar—made in Mexico—glass. This crack has run to over a foot in length already so repair is not an option.

Dodge needs to look at the quality of the products it puts in their Cars and Trucks if it wants America to support and buy their products.

thanks for letting me complain about this.

Last edited by hoeky; 05-30-2013 at 08:38 PM. Reason: forgot some info
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I think all auto manufacturers need to look at the quality of glass they use.
We have an F150 at work that the windshield cracks just as you describe each year.
All we are putting in is Ford Windshields. The SCion XB we also own also has cracked the windshield a few times from very small rock hits.
Good luck with repairs
STEVE

Old 05-30-2013, 10:04 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks man... call dodge and gripe maybe they can do something for you!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 PM
V for Victory
All Star

Same here with a Ford escape, work vehicle three windshields in less then a year, two of them in three weeks. Lots of highway driving at subsonic speeds, yeah right I did say it was an escape.LOL but still one rock chip and bam the crack goes across the windshield. Ugh.

Good luck brother.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 PM
shelbymopar89
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about your local laws, but in FL your windshield is covered by your car insurance. They replace it free of charge and there is no rise in your rates. I have done it twice now, no charge, no worry and it is fixed.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 PM
budoboy1
Veteran

Drove 15 hours and no problems. Got back home and got a rock in the windshield this morning. I haven't looked at it close yet but it is probably just a pit

Old 05-31-2013, 04:44 AM
coldsteel
Captain

Sorry to hear, but at least you're getting OEM glass.

My 2011 has 38000 miles on it and has been up and down the east coast from CT to FL and has taken a few good hits, but never a crack and no pits.

Glass is fickle; sometimes it gets hit just right and as the seasons change and the temps widely vary these cracks can appear and spread quickly.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:26 AM
baum
Professional

reality check... glass chips and breaks no matter who makes it or the quality. why should dodge be the one to blame for a rock chip. The only way to guarantee no chips is to have it sit in a garage and never drive it! its called insurance they cover glass!

Some people like to complain to just complain!

Old 05-31-2013, 07:41 AM
ramdanimal
Rookie

Got a rock chip in mine on the 3rd day of ownership. I think we should be complaining about the sorry paving/patching that is being done on nearly every highway in America. It starts crumbling as soon as they leave the scene.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM
hoeky
Rookie

this "rockchip" is so minute that it is impossible to see with the naked eye. I will take a pic and post it.

I think that post #8 needs to pay for my windshield

Last edited by hoeky; 05-31-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Quick Reply: COMPLAINT on the 11 Durango