3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:39 AM
inyadreems
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zaktrafton
I'll go get a proper microfiber towel. But, what difference would it make in this scenario? Just curious.
MF's are more gentle to scratch-sensitive leather seating surfaces and scratch sensitive paints. They also absorb liquids better then cotton. So when you gently buff off the product the MF will better remove any left over product.

You can buy a bulk pack at BJ's or Costco for 15$ or so.

Old 07-20-2013, 12:42 PM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buffing the darker shiny spots down seems to have remedied my problem thank you.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:48 PM
CMil527
Champion

Originally Posted by zaktrafton
Buffing the darker shiny spots down seems to have remedied my problem thank you.
Nice...glad to see it worked out!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM
mikeinaz

From my understanding all almost all new leathers are sealed meaning the leather cleaners and conditioners are not getting into the leather. You can try the water test and put a drop on and if it is not absorbed quickly(in a minute or so) your leather is sealed and you do not need to use a specific leather product. I have used Aerospace 303 over the years on all of my cars and have no issues with the leather. On my Durango leather I did try the Meguiars Ultimate Protectant and actually like how it darkens the leather up better than about anything else I've used.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:01 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Meguiars is probably one of the worst crap you could use.

Anywho, I use Lexol on my vehicles. Leaves a nice soft but slightly tacky finish. Matte. No grease. Actually my ford manual recommends this product.

On my durango now 12yr old, no torn leather. Soft. And excellent finish.

And Aerospace 303 is amazing. I put it on my fusion the day I got it. Best for areas without tint (aftermarket tint, not your factory privacy glass)

After aerospace 303

Attached Thumbnails Leather Seats-img_7171.jpg   Leather Seats-011686d7-d2c0-41f3-85d0-6081afdc0331-18958-00000215bc1a6fbd.jpg   Leather Seats-06a466c2-a38a-4493-9cea-e0d823b15e56-18958-00000215c1c8411f.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 10:10 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by mikeinaz
From my understanding all almost all new leathers are sealed meaning the leather cleaners and conditioners are not getting into the leather. You can try the water test and put a drop on and if it is not absorbed quickly(in a minute or so) your leather is sealed and you do not need to use a specific leather product. I have used Aerospace 303 over the years on all of my cars and have no issues with the leather. On my Durango leather I did try the Meguiars Ultimate Protectant and actually like how it darkens the leather up better than about anything else I've used.
Yes you are correct, most leathers are sealed and 303 and Meg's UP are both good products.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Originally Posted by PublicHair
Meguiars is probably one of the worst crap you could use.

Anywho, I use Lexol on my vehicles. Leaves a nice soft but slightly tacky finish. Matte. No grease. Actually my ford manual recommends this product.

On my durango now 12yr old, no torn leather. Soft. And excellent finish.

And Aerospace 303 is amazing. I put it on my fusion the day I got it. Best for areas without tint (aftermarket tint, not your factory privacy glass)

After aerospace 303

Sorry, but your statement about Meguiars is incorrect. Meguiars has many different product lines and some better then others. Meguiars Ultimate line for consumers is pretty awesome. Most people do not read instructions or follow directions and then blame the product. I have several different Meg's products for leather, I also have 303 and many other brands, Lexol is good stuff too.

Some products work better on some cars then others, that is why I don't stick with one brand of products and use several. If Meg's compound doesn't work like I want, I switch to Optimum or Menzerna.

If you really want to protect your leather and interior you want a leather sealer like Meg's just came introduced or something like Ultima Interior Guard Plus, which is an interior sealant. My entire interior on my Shelby and DRT is coated with UIGP.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:19 PM
PublicHair
Banned

Use what you will. I use what works. I won't touch that junk of Meg's. it's right up there with armorial.

But that's why we have choices. Use as you see fit.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:34 PM
K.Ip
Rookie

bringing this thread back from the dead

has anyone tried anything new lately?

im usually a leathermaster only kind of guy but given the price of LM and a 3-row car, i need to find something else

also can anyone comment on if 303 aerospace has caused any issues with our dash?

thanks all

Old 03-20-2014, 03:21 PM
redalty
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm kinda liking Groits, available at advance auto.

Quick Reply: Leather Seats