3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Leather Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:33 PM
zaktrafton
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leather Seats

So... I have a 2013 durango crew with black leather. Ive used meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner conditioner on all 7 vehicles ive owned with leather seats. Applied with a clean cotton cloth and allowed to dry for 24 hours.

On the D it looks great until you sit on the seats. You can see a butt print. Where your clothes touch the dark shinyness goes back to low gloss black and the areas where you dont sit stays dark from the treatment. I thought i didnt allow enough dry time so i applied more and left town for a week. Came back drove the durango same thing.

I should never have used this stuff in the first place but do you guys know how to remove it? Hot soapy water? Any ideas?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:26 AM
bbtkd
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zaktrafton
So... I have a 2013 durango crew with black leather. Ive used meguiars gold class rich leather cleaner conditioner on all 7 vehicles ive owned with leather seats. Applied with a clean cotton cloth and allowed to dry for 24 hours.

On the D it looks great until you sit on the seats. You can see a butt print. Where your clothes touch the dark shinyness goes back to low gloss black and the areas where you dont sit stays dark from the treatment. I thought i didnt allow enough dry time so i applied more and left town for a week. Came back drove the durango same thing.

I should never have used this stuff in the first place but do you guys know how to remove it? Hot soapy water? Any ideas?
If touching it with clothing takes it off, use a cloth. I wouldn't use any kind of soap or remover.

Old 07-19-2013, 07:56 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

I now have found my new Best friend in Leather and it's ZAINOS leather cleaner and treatment...no residue, no Greasy feeling
STEVE

Old 07-19-2013, 10:35 AM
inyadreems
Veteran
Angry

I have never had an issue with this product and have used the Pro-Detailers version on many details. Here are the directions: To apply Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Cleaner & Conditioner, use a clean microfiber applicator to wipe on a small amount. Rub in well. Let sit for a moment and then buff with a soft, clean microfiber towel. Perform this step regularly to maintain healthy, soft leather.

I would try a reapplication following the directions.

Old 07-19-2013, 10:41 AM
SLAINTE06
All Star

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
I now have found my new Best friend in Leather and it's ZAINOS leather cleaner and treatment...no residue, no Greasy feeling
STEVE
Good reviews, Ill order a bottle and give it a test. Dam $10 flat rate shipping kind of sucks though

Old 07-19-2013, 12:29 PM
zaktrafton
Professional

Ill try the short application method. If you think i left it on too long is there a way to start over? As in remove whats there now?

Old 07-19-2013, 12:39 PM
V for Victory
All Star

Originally Posted by SLAINTE06
Good reviews, Ill order a bottle and give it a test. Dam $10 flat rate shipping kind of sucks though
Try Pepboys or your local auto parts retailer, might be on the shelf and you can save the shipping. I know my local Many Moe and Jacks has it on the top shelf next to the Maguire's and other cleaning accoutrements!

Old 07-19-2013, 01:06 PM
inyadreems
Veteran

Ill try the short application method. If you think i left it on too long is there a way to start over? As in remove whats there now?
If your leather is clean already, just wipe down with water, very mild soap and a MF towel. Then reapply following directions and MF towel not cotton.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Frohoss
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
STEVE
Which one specifically are you referencing? Z-9 Leather Soft Spray Cleaner or Z-10 Leather in a Bottle or something else?

Thanks

Old 07-19-2013, 10:31 PM
zaktrafton
Professional

I'll go get a proper microfiber towel. But, what difference would it make in this scenario? Just curious.

Quick Reply: Leather Seats