3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

1st oil change... disappointed :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 09:54 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Total BS.. I hope u took pics and contact dodge directly!

Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 AM
GizmoDurango
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Retro, I just changed my oil this past weekend and don't get me wrong, some oil did spill on the little area that they have to catch some spillage, but it's not a quart that stays there and continues to drain. Any person who has changed oil knows that you need a cloth to wipe the little spillage off. What you experienced is unacceptable.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:40 PM
Team Punisher
Amateur

I think if they know you it helps a lot. I don't care if it's the dealer or any one else. I go to my local Wal Mart have been for for many years my old D my G35 my old G37 and my work truck only problem they sometimes forget to put valve stem's back on my tire's. Price $77 mobile1 frist oil change on new D was $80 because she took 71/2 quarts. The tech came to me and said she took 7 and still was low that he would like to add 1/2 a quart more, showed me dip stick is was low so yes add 1/2 quart. like a good looking woman if your ride looks good guy's will take care of her. Not one drop of oil in my drive way or under carriage. One reason i frist chose Wal Mart is you can stand there and watch as they work. Something i no longer worry about. Dodge say's frist oil chane 8000 i normaly knock off a couple thousand and use synthetic. My 3 cents.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
baum
Professional

Originally Posted by bbtkd
I take my D to the dealer for the 4 for $70 deal they offer, and they use synthetic. I generally like the work except I always find my headlights turned from auto to off, and the driving lights off. They argue that I should change the oil every 3k miles, since hey they know better than Dodge or the oil manufacturer who say you can go 8k or more.

Any 5 star chrysler dealer offers this dealer. and they can be used at other 5 star dealers also.

mine usually shuts off the lights too. i think its to if they leave the keys in the lights arent on causing a battery drain.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 AM
pjw1967
Veteran

I had my service done last week, 7/19. On Tues, 7/23, I received a survey email from Dodge asking me to rate my experience. I cannot tell if I received this survey because the dealer prompted it, or because I registered on the Dodge site and the recording of the service triggered the email. Anyway, here is one of the pages I had to fill out. Maybe you can go on the Dodge site if you haven't already, and try to get your message of dissatisfaction across to them. There is a page on the survey where you can type out exactly what happened. https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx
Name:  dodge072513_zpsaac25e03.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  63.8 KB

Old 07-26-2013, 01:01 PM
CPW1265
Professional

Originally Posted by pjw1967
I had my service done last week, 7/19. On Tues, 7/23, I received a survey email from Dodge asking me to rate my experience. I cannot tell if I received this survey because the dealer prompted it, or because I registered on the Dodge site and the recording of the service triggered the email. Anyway, here is one of the pages I had to fill out. Maybe you can go on the Dodge site if you haven't already, and try to get your message of dissatisfaction across to them. There is a page on the survey where you can type out exactly what happened. https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx
I get them all the time after i bring in my D for service.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:57 PM
Orin500XL
Captain

Years ago my Volvo guy overfilled my 760. Under normal driving there was no problem but the first time I hammered it I had enough fog behind me to kill mosquitos. I thought I had blown a piston or something. I took it back and they drained and refilled it using Mobil ! synthetic which I have used ever since. Actually saw an increase of about 5 percent in the mpg with the synthetic.

Quick Reply: 1st oil change... disappointed :(