3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

'14 - Crew Trim Gone - Replaced By Limited

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 07:48 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crew Member
The options packages are a little differnet but best I can tell my '13 that stickered for $37.3k would now sticker for $39k. I "think" the only functional difference besides the tranny is the auto-leveling HID headlamps. And I guess the slightly larger touchscreen.

Basically you're paying for that new 8-speed and at only around $100 a year gas savings for the average driver, the payback period will be a few years long....
Auto leveling HID's were available in 13 Most R/T and citadels have em here.
STEVE

Old 08-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

Originally Posted by WannaV-8
.....Plus you give up the floor shift linkage for a rotary dial with paddle shifters on the wheel. With 3rd gear coming so quickly (1st and 2nd are pretty low) you'd better be handy with the thumbs. Since I'm an old stick shift driver, the floor shifter entertains me and provides a comfy place to rest my right hand. Rotary shift dial was a deal breaker for me. 2014 Jeep has that fussy computerized floor shifter which makes it awkward to select the correct position.

Sometimes technology is not wonderful....
I have that shifter in my 14" SRT and it is awesome! It takes a day or so to get used to it...like any vehicle. The 8 speed is night and day over the antiquated 5 speed. No comparison.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:14 PM
GizmoDurango
Veteran

I would just love to keep my D and swap out the tranny! A guy can wish right?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:31 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

6 speed verses 8 speed wasn't a deal maker/breaker for me. I probably needed more than a test drive in the '14 Jeep to get used to that floor shifter. At least Jeep kept that and didn't go the "rotary route". Too reminiscent of the old "Push Button" transmissions.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 PM
phoneguy589
Professional

I was hoping it would have some more storage. My wife's Journey has coolers in the floor behind the front seats and the passenger seat bottom flips forward and has a nice storage area as well. My '12 Citadels projectors auto adjust when I start up, I'm guessing that it's just that and doesn't level out as I'm driving.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The good news and the bad news on this thread appears to be:
Good news: Durangos must be a hot product becasue . . .
Bad news: . . . the price is going up pretty steeply.

For all of the Econ 101 students out there this is a perfect example of supply-and-demand: as demand increases but supply remains fixed, the price will increase. Price also increases when value is added to the product.
Chrysler had done just that by making optional equipment now standard, i.e. leather in the Crew/Limited, memory/heated seats etc.

So guys, let's count ourselves lucky because we got in before the crowd, or we could lie and say we it coming. :-) Yeah, that's it . . . . :-)

Old 08-18-2013, 04:19 PM
Crew Member
Professional

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
The good news and the bad news on this thread appears to be:
Good news: Durangos must be a hot product becasue . . .
Bad news: . . . the price is going up pretty steeply.

For all of the Econ 101 students out there this is a perfect example of supply-and-demand: as demand increases but supply remains fixed, the price will increase. Price also increases when value is added to the product.
Chrysler had done just that by making optional equipment now standard, i.e. leather in the Crew/Limited, memory/heated seats etc.

So guys, let's count ourselves lucky because we got in before the crowd, or we could lie and say we it coming. :-) Yeah, that's it . . . . :-)

That would be the best scenario for us, but there are other possibilities. I mean sales are better this Year than last, but it's not exactly on fire. About the same as the Enclave and 4Runner. Only a fifth as much as the Explorer.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:28 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

4Runner sells about 50-60,000 a year to the faithful. Tundra won't be changed much either as they only sell 100,000 annually, and will never crack the "Big 3". But Toyota will keep cranking them out as they are not losing any money on these.

So if Dodge can sell 60-100,000 units and keep developing this vehicle, they stand a good chance of growing in the market place much like the RAM 1500 has done. Not to mention the testers/reviewers love the new RAM.

Hey, I can hope can't I?

Quick Reply: '14 - Crew Trim Gone - Replaced By Limited