3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

"Wagoneer vs Durango vs Caravan"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Fullslp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Crew Member
Probably the same thing they said about the Cherokee when the first artists renderings came out. And yet... look what we ended up with.
I agree but my point was Drag Drag Efficiency. Not that designers make the right decisions. The Cherokee is a great example. Maybe too sleek. Must have been a Fiat call.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by Crew Member
Probably the same thing they said about the Cherokee when the first artists renderings came out. And yet... look what we ended up with.
I agree but my point was Drag Coefficiency. Not that designers make the right decisions. The Cherokee is a great example. Maybe too sleek. Must have been a Fiat call.

Old 10-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

the problem is JNAP cannot build the GC, Durango and Wagoneer at the same time. One has to go if the Wagoneer happens....and its not gonna be the no 2 selling vehicle that ChryCo has...ie GC. The Durango is just a victim of circumstances.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:09 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
the problem is JNAP cannot build the GC, Durango and Wagoneer at the same time. One has to go if the Wagoneer happens....and its not gonna be the no 2 selling vehicle that ChryCo has...ie GC. The Durango is just a victim of circumstances.
I seriously hope you are wrong. You're not anxious to see it go are you? LOL

Old 10-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

not at all...the Durango is a great vehicle now IMHO. The 8 speed and new electronics took it and the GC to the top of the mountain. But the Wagoneer seems to be inevitable. I just hope it sells good enough to keep it along with te wagoner and GC at JNAP. That would mean more jobs here in the states.
Im scared that if it doesn't sell....they do like the articles say...and like I said a year ago...they move it to the minivan platform and build a crappy FWD CUV. No thanks if the Durango becomes that! That would be a tragedy to the Durangos history!

Old 10-20-2013, 05:29 PM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Yeah well the durangos history included leaf springs and a frame, where did that go? lol

Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

boy...those two things sure are missed.....NOT

Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh gawd! If Chrysler makes another vehicle with WOODGRAIN on the sides, you'll know the Apocalypse is near.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Crew Member
Professional

If Autonews is correct and Chrysler purposely delayed the Wagoneer from '13 to '15 to give the Durango a chance to "find an audience", then it would make no sense for them to have already decided to kill it or move it to a completely different platform / drivetrain.

Also, they've now stated the Wagoneer is intended to compete with the Caddy Escalade, Lexus LX, etc. A completely different market. So why would they make a mass market two row and premium three row SUV on one platform, and move their mass market three row to a completely different minivan-esqe platform?

Factory constraints can be solved very simply..... money.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 AM
fishandgrits
Veteran

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
boy...those two things sure are missed.....NOT
For those that enjoyed taking their Durango off road they certainly are missed. Without those the Durango became what it is today, a street machine.

Quick Reply: "Wagoneer vs Durango vs Caravan"