Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:40 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
boy...those two things sure are missed.....NOT
Originally Posted by fishandgrits
For those that enjoyed taking their Durango off road they certainly are missed. Without those the Durango became what it is today, a street machine.
It surely has transformed into a different beast.
Should the Wagoneer come to fruition, maybe they will build it at another one of the vacant facilities in Detroit.
Noone really knows what is going on behind the scenes. Its all just speculation.

I know the NEXT SRT8 JGC will be the best one ever made! Read about it here in 8-10 months or so!
STEVE

Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 AM
IlliniJeeper
Rookie

Originally Posted by fishandgrits
For those that enjoyed taking their Durango off road they certainly are missed. Without those the Durango became what it is today, a street machine.
Perfectly fine by me, but I still have the Wrangler to pound through the mud. If the Durango still was BOF and had leaf springs, I wouldn't have considered it as a viable option in my search for a new vehicle. And then I'd have ended up in a Traverse or one of its variants. *shudder*

Old 10-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Scottina11heat
All Star

Originally Posted by FSTDANGO3
It surely has transformed into a different beast.
Should the Wagoneer come to fruition, maybe they will build it at another one of the vacant facilities in Detroit.
Noone really knows what is going on behind the scenes. Its all just speculation.

I know the NEXT SRT8 JGC will be the best one ever made! Read about it here in 8-10 months or so!
STEVE
Not sure Chrysler/fiat has the capital to open a completely new manufacturing facility to build the wagoneer on the same platform as the gc/rango. None of this is speculation for me. I see what is in development etc. Like the wagoner engines...I see three engines listed in development documents...3.6, 5.7 and 6.4 hemi. Find that info anywhere else. Work has already begun on the wagoneer.

The next best SRT Jeep will not be until 2018 on the WL platform...the next GC.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:56 PM
Fullslp
Captain

[QUOTE=IlliniJeeper;3089758]Perfectly fine by me, but I still have the Wrangler to pound through the mud. QUOTE]

Me too. No need to take the R/T out in the dirty stuff. That's my 05 wranglers job...

Old 10-21-2013, 08:41 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Originally Posted by Scottina11heat
Not sure Chrysler/fiat has the capital to open a completely new manufacturing facility to build the wagoneer on the same platform as the gc/rango. None of this is speculation for me. I see what is in development etc. Like the wagoner engines...I see three engines listed in development documents...3.6, 5.7 and 6.4 hemi. Find that info anywhere else. Work has already begun on the wagoneer.

The next best SRT Jeep will not be until 2018 on the WL platform...the next GC.
I doubt Chrysler shares all their info with you, nor with me. There is also a 6.2 Hemi coming out as well.
I am aware that you have close relations with a few employees as well as engineers at Chrysler as well.
Look forward to meeting you in person at one of the future plant tours...Ill keep you posted
I should show you the press kit I received in late 2003 regarding the 2004 Gen 2...It was actually a good looking D, but we know what happened with that styling
STEVE

Old 10-23-2013, 11:53 PM
Robert_Esq
Amateur

Word does need to spread to move more of them. There are still people driving Tahoe's, Armada's (any V8 SUV) that don't know about the gas mileage savings. Whenever I encounter a Tahoe/Armada/Sequoia, etc owner and tell them I get 23-26 highway and have nearly 300HP they're flabbergasted.

If they really wanted to get some more attention, they ought to make a limited amount of electric Durango to lease. Bosch would probably set them up as they did for Fiat 500.

If they drop the Durango I ain't buying a Wagoneer next, but probably an Explorer then (*shudder indeed). I sure hope they keep the Durango.

Quick Reply: "Wagoneer vs Durango vs Caravan"