3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Annoying Seatbelt Chime!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 06:58 PM
taken
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. Ignition OFF - buckle your belt.
2. Start engine & wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting vehicle, unbuckle then re-buckle driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with belt buckled.

It works without starting the vehicle too. Worked like a charm on my 12.

Old 11-09-2013, 03:11 PM
Orin500XL
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UFB! What a "unique" thread.

I was wondering how I could disable my low beams so I could always run on high beams so I could see better at night without the bother of being forced to constantly change between high and low beams. It's such an inconveinence. I'm also try to disable my catalytic converter because of the heat it generates and I'm afraid it'll start a fire under the truck when I take it into the woods. Lastly, I want to get rid of that pesky brake light in the back window. It just looks horrible and makes the truck look dorky.
Can anyone out there help me with these problems?

Old 11-09-2013, 08:29 PM
Fullslp
Captain

Originally Posted by taken
1. Ignition OFF - buckle your belt.
2. Start engine & wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting vehicle, unbuckle then re-buckle driver's seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with belt buckle

It works without starting the vehicle too. Worked like a charm on my 12.
This works on 13' as well however be advised that your seatbelt light stays illuminated and the EVIC still reports" seatbelts unbuckled. You need to wire in a resistor to 100% disable including lights

Old 11-10-2013, 07:45 AM
taken
Amateur

Originally Posted by Orin500XL
UFB! What a "unique" thread.

I was wondering how I could disable my low beams so I could always run on high beams so I could see better at night without the bother of being forced to constantly change between high and low beams. It's such an inconveinence. I'm also try to disable my catalytic converter because of the heat it generates and I'm afraid it'll start a fire under the truck when I take it into the woods. Lastly, I want to get rid of that pesky brake light in the back window. It just looks horrible and makes the truck look dorky.
Can anyone out there help me with these problems?
I've got a solution that will take care of all those issues for you. It would also take care of any of us reading any of your helpful posts in the future. Can you guess what it is?

Quick Reply: Annoying Seatbelt Chime!