3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Brand new 2014 R/T Paint Problem...ARGH!!!

Old 11-15-2013, 12:53 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

unacceptable... any pics??

Old 11-15-2013, 02:05 PM
calereeves
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to get a couple of pics with my phone, but on the white paint in fluorescent lighting it didn't show up. I like the idea of the RK sport hood :-)

I guess the main reason I posted up was to see if I was overreacting about it. With the wide range of responses, I guess I'm about the middle of the road. I haven't asked them to take any off the price, but I feel like there should be some sort of written guarantee from Dodge, not from the dealership, since it came from the factory this way.

I can't just get another one off the lot, this one was ordered with the options we want. For whatever reason, none of the dealers in Alaska stock R/Ts with the rear captains chairs and the console. That was one of the key items for us with the kiddos in the back. We couldn't get a 13 model with the options we needed so we waited and ordered a 14. Coincidentally, it was the very first 14 model that the dealership received, so they were as excited to see it as we were.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:08 PM
lhymes

Honestly, with a white car, you won't really have to worry about the paint fading differently. They should definitely be using the MOPAR white (I'd have them put it on paper and sign what they're doing). White is obviously the most durable color option when it comes to sun exposure, as it doesn't absorb much of anything. My biggest concern would be that rust you mentioned on the top. If they have a decent bodywork shop on-site, I wouldn't worry about it getting sent out to Joe Blow to save them a buck and it should be easy enough for them to fix. It really sucks, but at the end of the day, anything that involves the assembly line workers does have a chance of imperfection and sadly there's no way to guarantee it will be 100% flawless (really lame that that's the case with a $50k vehicle, but it's not a rare situation at all - there are tons of complaints regarding fit and finish of new vehicles for pretty much all competitive models). I would give them a chance to work on it, but give them the heads up you plan on rejecting if you don't agree with the quality of work. If anything looks off, simply reject it. I would have them sign one of there addendum forms that they will be using 100% original factory paint.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:06 PM
jeffsmachine
Rookie

I don't think Your Overeacting .
You have every right to get what You want ,regardless of how much You spent or how long You waited.
Tell the Dealership You have confidence in Them to fix it right, but ask for a guarantee from Dodge to protect Yourself in the future.
Also, give the Dealership some credit for being honest and pointing out the flaws to You, when they could have tried to fix the flaws before You saw them.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:16 PM
WannaV-8
Veteran

Originally Posted by calereeves
……...I can't just get another one off the lot, this one was ordered with the options we want. For whatever reason, none of the dealers in Alaska stock R/Ts with the rear captains chairs and the console. That was one of the key items for us with the kiddos in the back. We couldn't get a 13 model with the options we needed so we waited and ordered a 14. Coincidentally, it was the very first 14 model that the dealership received, so they were as excited to see it as we were.
Sounds like the dealer has been great, so maybe get a good repaint and some adds that you wanted. Hood graphics or other accessories? SInce inventory is so scarce up there I guess that's the best way out. So used to seeing huge inventories around here. Trust me, you'll have a few marks on it soon enough anyway…

Old 11-16-2013, 01:03 PM
phengmeister

You are not over reacting at all. Sorry, but I do have to wonder what else might be wrong INSIDE the car at this point. Where there's smoke, there's usually fire.

I got rid of my 11 DD for a 14 Honda a week ago and the quality difference is night and day. The DD was my first and last Dodge product.

Old 11-18-2013, 10:51 PM
CMil527
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update?

Old 11-19-2013, 01:18 PM
calereeves
Amateur

Should be ready for pickup and discussion this evening. Said body shop finished yesterday and sent it out for 3m clear film application. I'll update this evening.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Good Luck and dont forget the Pictures
STEVE

Old 12-07-2013, 06:03 PM
JustinK.
Professional

Same problem on mine that I picked up today!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brand new 2014 R/T Paint Problem...ARGH!!!