3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

Bulb list for a 14 Citadel

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:06 AM
Dixit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulb list for a 14 Citadel

Just picked up my 2014 Citadel two days ago. Loaded with the v6 (didn't need the hemi at this point). Black with the Tan interior.

I traded in my 2007 Escalade ESV, time to move on.

Now like with my Escalade I put a lot of LED lighting and HIDs in the Fogs. I want to do the same here. I think the Fogs from the manual state they are H11 bulbs, I will probably order a set of 4200k or 6000k HIDs for that.

But interior wise, I wish there was a breakdown of all the bulbs. Want to replace all the map/dome bulbs with LEDs. I loved how it looked on the Escalade once I put in the LEDs, much brighter at night time then the standard incandescent. Anyone know? Or am I just going to have to open each one up (and hopefully not break the clips, that's always fun opening something new and not knowing how to open it properly).

Thanks

Dixit

Old 11-18-2013, 04:46 PM
J6L
Rookie

someone did a excellent thread on the interior and some exterior led replacement bulbs within the last two months

Old 11-18-2013, 05:10 PM
Dixit

Yea I saw a few of those threads but they referenced the 2012, not sure how much interior wise (lighting) has changed. I guess I will pop the covers off and compare them and if its different I will just update this thread for anyone else who wants to know the part numbers.

Dixit

Old 11-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Dixit

Just wanted to write back here. I had a few extra 168 Wedge bulbs (I bought like 10 extra from my Escalade days) and decided to start replacing things. Ended up basically replacing the two wedge bulbs in the front map light. The only ones I cant replace are the LED ones that are already present (towards the windshield). I also replaced the two wedge bulbs under the drivers and passenger foot wells. So that was pretty simply. Basically used the standard 5 LED SMD 5050 T10/168 wedge bulb LED.

Here is the map light for the front

Then I popped the cover off the 2nd row dome. Actually took the whole dome down to get more info and idea on the two side LED lights. I opened that up and here is what I show.

Back of the 2nd row Dome:

Then here is one of the map light LEDs unscrewed and showing the actual LED itself.

So then I realized I had one of those large 1.25x1.75" panel where it has 24 SMD5050 LEDs. It comes with a wedge adapter. This is what I actually used in my Escalade and it REALLY made the area brighter, way more than any incandescent can ever do. Here is the panel before I put it in for anyone interested.

This is how it looked once I put the wedge adapter on and then stuck it inside the area, that area is just about 1.75" and it fit perfectly actually.

Then Basically here is what it looks like with the cover on and camera exposure turned down a lot to be able to see how the LEDs look under the panel diffuser.

This is really how it looks without turning down the camera exposure. The rear 3rd row on this one doesn't actually have the 24 LED panel, I didn't have an extra one so that one just has the standard 5 LED SMD5050 wedge bulb. So you can see the difference.

Also replaced the two wedge bulbs in the tailgate, wasn't that bad. Same thing there put the 5 LED SMD5050 wedge bulb there.

As far as the existing (6 of them if you count the front, 2nd row and 3rd row) map LED lights. Im going to see if I can retrofit a different LED in there. But not sure if the LED color is coming from the plastic projector or the LED itself, didn't get a chance to turn it on without the LED mounted.

So hopefully this helps anyone else.

Dixit

Attached Thumbnails Bulb list for a 14 Citadel-0fe8.jpg   Bulb list for a 14 Citadel-8oav.jpg   Bulb list for a 14 Citadel-7yjf.jpg   Bulb list for a 14 Citadel-s2kg.jpg  
Old 11-19-2013, 10:24 AM
FSTDANGO3
Champion

Nice Job

Old 11-19-2013, 10:26 AM
Dixit

Thanks, I need to get out in the garage again and take a look at the fog bulbs, want to put HIDs in there like I did on the Escalade. Since they are projector housing, should work nice with the HIDs. Just need to see how it looks down there and best spot to mount the ballast and igniter.

Dixit

Quick Reply: Bulb list for a 14 Citadel